67.2 KB · Views: 318
another

I know it's a Honda.......:D

Attachments

• 0012.jpg
    0012.jpg
    86.4 KB · Views: 351
Very nice.

If I may ask what's the purpose of installing the subs with the basket end facing outwards?

Very nice.

If I may ask what's the purpose of installing the subs with the basket end facing outwards?

you usually do this because of limited air space and/or because alot of woofers look great or if used in an isobar setup, but not done much with the junk woofers made today...Hope this helps some

The honda was a show car and the Memphis subs had chrome baskets.....

you usually do this because of limited air space and/or because alot of woofers look great or if used in an isobar setup, but not done much with the junk woofers made today...Hope this helps some

I see...because it's the area behind the basket that needs the air space....

Never have been a fan of reverse mounting subs, but I see where you're coming from now.

pic of my truck

pics of my truck

Attachments

• DSC00910.jpg
    DSC00910.jpg
    106.4 KB · Views: 252
  • DSC00912.jpg
    DSC00912.jpg
    110.9 KB · Views: 279
I see...because it's the area behind the basket that needs the air space....QUOTE]

That isn't true, they play equally well but if the airspace is a little tight....the basket and magnet takes up a small amount of volume. Maybe .1cuft or so. I can't here any diff,it might could be measured.

reverse mounting is just for looks, there isnt really any benefit to it at all. When I was just a young buck in the install business we were sent to a training course at MTX here in Phoenix to learn about how this crap is made. With all the millions of dollars invested into making these speakers, there is a reason that the engineers test them in a standard mounted box, because for dust, UV light protection, and suspension purposes, thats how they are supposed to be mounted.

Here is my setup in my WE4 w/ the sub inverted. Yes, I did it just for looks. Dont know how much it will affect the sound. But for now it sounds fine. I will probably eventually turn it the other way. :)

dsc01316hx6.jpg

I wouldn't say it has any negative peformance effects, esentially its doing to same thing forward or backward. I've had customers ask for them mounted that way thinking it DID do something to make it magically louder or deeper in some way, but to each is his own I guess, some subs are just too pretty to mount the conventional way, like audiobahns, billet aluminum baskets with fancy design all over them, seems like a waste not to show it off.

Here is my setup in my WE4 w/ the sub inverted. Yes, I did it just for looks. Dont know how much it will affect the sound. But for now it sounds fine. I will probably eventually turn it the other way. :)

dsc01316hx6.jpg
Neil, I see you have changed yours around from the first time I saw it, plan on doing the first way, in my car, your system looks clean, just to be curious what kind of price range am I looking at to get the box made and panels done, have a couple of quotes from people around my area that does this and they range from $150-200 to $500:eek: what do you think, also all of the wires have been run and equipment has been bought, 2 alpine amps and 10" memphis sub. Jr.

Neil, I see you have changed yours around from the first time I saw it, plan on doing the first way, in my car, your system looks clean, just to be curious what kind of price range am I looking at to get the box made and panels done, have a couple of quotes from people around my area that does this and they range from $150-200 to $500:eek: what do you think, also all of the wires have been run and equipment has been bought, 2 alpine amps and 10" memphis sub. Jr.

Around $300-400 wouldn't be too bad for a properly built enclosure, amp rack, and panels. The Honda was just over $1,000 labor,installed a deck,eq,Memphis seperates in doors,additional tweeters on windshield pillars, 6X9 w/sep x-overs in rear deck,spare tire hole is enclosure,entire trunk floor is covered with 3/4 mdf,tire well is dyna matted,mdf is bolted to floor with 1/2" bolts,built the amp rack,and all the panels and he paid to have them upholstered. The 66 Stang was $800 labor for enclosure,amp rack/false floor and trunk panels(upholstry shop covered panels sep from my labor),installing 6-1/2" in kick panels and 6X9 in rear deck,running all wires for amp/speakers.....all while it was getting a $7,000 paint job and a complete restification. He dropped about $40k in it. When I got started it was on jack stands stripped down (no susp,int,frt clip)it now has a blown 302 roller motor,9",18" Cobra R rims. I finished it up at the upholstry shop while it was getting custom blue/white interior.
Keep in mind neither of these were a 1-2 day jobs. The Honda is owned by the guy that did the resto on the Mustang(I did the Stang first). He has a custom paint shop. After he got completely done with the fellows Stang he approached me about doing a system for a show car for the shop. He started with a stock Honda,did a Kandy paint,molded body kit,stereo,custom int. I finished 3 days before the big NOPI event in Atlanta and he took 2nd place in his class. I also had to drive 1-1/2hrs to work on it too. He showed it about 6mo but it has been sitting in the showroom in his shop for 3 years cause he is too busy now.