Coupe Considered for Buick

GM is really coming around....alot of good cars and quality is back.

Pete

My wife wants to buy herself a new car in a year or so ....

Mmmm mmm.. I think this would do.... Its in one of the above links.

darkinsigniacoupeet0.jpg

Looks too much like a BMW coupe or a Honda Accord coupe...I'm not saying it isn't pretty...just that it's doesn't have the usual Buick "personality", or look. But I also don't like the new LaCrosse at all. It's too much like a Lexus or the new Hyundai Sonata...Too many cars are "look-a-likes" these days...:frown:...Just remove the company's logos from them and I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of people wouldn't be able to tell what kind of car they're looking at! :mad:

Claude. :rolleyes:

Looks too much like a BMW coupe or a Honda Accord coupe...I'm not saying it isn't pretty...just that it's doesn't have the usual Buick "personality", or look. But I also don't like the new LaCrosse at all. It's too much like a Lexus or the new Hyundai Sonata...Too many cars are "look-a-likes" these days...:frown:...Just remove the company's logos from them and I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of people wouldn't be able to tell what kind of car they're looking at! :mad:

Unfortunately this look sells these days.

So how many people would by a modern retro GN....
I think the Mustang and Camaro pulled this off, I just don't
see them doing this with the regal.

Looks too much like a 350z, G35, G37, Genesis Coupe but I suppose GM does need something to compete in that segment pretty much all they have is the Camaro and CTS coupe which are either too retro or overpriced for competing with the mentioned cars

Our GN's looked like alot of other cars back in the day.....half the people out there still think its a Chevy.

Pete

I'll pass.

Make it look like a Grand National, not a Toyota. If Buick wants to be back in this game with any sort of muscle car influence, make it a muscle car, not a freakin rice rocket. Ford beat everyone to the chase with the retro look of the Mustangs. They also gave them nuts. Thats why people buy them.

Then GM came out with the Camaro (11 years later) that a retro style to it. I think the Camaro guys liked it. If they would make a powerful one, like the Mustangs offered, they would sell more of them.

Now GM wants to make a Grand National, make it BAD ASS and it will sell. Make it a ricer mobile and it'll fade away like everything else. Make a statement with it and it'll stick and sell.

Amen brother. I haven't been able to bring myself to buy a car newer than '88. Everything looks exactly the same now, inside and out. I love the new tech, just not the new looks.

I think the Mustang and Camaro pulled this off, I just don't
see them doing this with the regal.

I agree. It's just a lot more feasible for them to use an already existing platform such as the Opel GTC instead of starting from scratch to make some sort of a retro GN. Also, the Mustang and the Camaro have a HUGE following because they were produced for many years where as the GN was not.

I personally like the way it looks even though I will admit it is very similar to some of the cars mentioned.

I agree. It's just a lot more feasible for them to use an already existing platform such as the Opel GTC instead of starting from scratch to make some sort of a retro GN. Also, the Mustang and the Camaro have a HUGE following because they were produced for many years where as the GN was not.

I personally like the way it looks even though I will admit it is very similar to some of the cars mentioned.

The camaro was based on the global Zeta platform. so it wasn't "from scratch"

Here we are on a forum for a car that looked just like a whole bunch of other cars back in its day complaining that this possible new car looks just like a bunch of other cars. Can I get a :rolleyes:?

If the pictured car would have oh, say, 450HP it would be bad ass. Period.

If my Hyundai Sonata had 450HP it would be bad ass.

The only reason our Buicks are bad ass is because they can be made to go really fast. A 1987 Regal limited with a 305... or whatever wheezer V8 they put in them... is, you'll have to admit, a pretty dorky car. The same car with the turbo 6... bad ass.

Fast = Bad ass no matter what it looks like.

Having said that, I think that car looks pretty damn good!

I like this one better

buickgscoupesmallbnf2.jpg

this one too

Holden_coupe60_120.jpg

or this one with the different sidesweep

holdencoupe60asbuick.jpg