Could a crappy 1300RPM Converter cause overheating?

BM Computer Src

My stock D5 converter died about 4 months ago. A local trans guy told me he would install a 2800 RPM replacement converter. It turns out I got burnt as this converter is actually a 1300 (actually flashes at 1300 and on the foot brake, and 1300 RPM as well with the brakes on and accelerator floored). Since the install of this piece of crap, the trans has symptoms exactly the same as the thread about the guy whos trans is good when cold and crappy when hot. The trans is ok when cold but when heated, it is horrible. Soft and early shifts of 1-2. 2-3 occours with only being in second for about 2 seconds and goes straight to third. Could this crappy converter be causing an overheating? I do have an Art Carr shift kit. I plan on installing a trans cooler to see if helps, as it did for the other guy who posted... Oh, and when I tried to get my money back on this crappy converter, the guy who sold it to me said "well, what do you expect from a 12"converter that is inexpensive"... I was hoping for what he told me, 2800... I will only deal with buick guys/gals from now on.... Thanks for any advice!

Truthfully... it should create less heat in theory. But I have seen it all. Have someone with an infra red hit converter and stall a little bit to see at what rate the temp increases. I do seriuosly doubt that is problem but anything is possible. Martians from mars landing tommorrow is possible................ :)

Bruce
WE4
www.ptsnctb.ocm

Thanks, Bruce. I'll put the cooler on and see if it helps out. I cant wait to get rid of this piece of junk. This is how BAD it is: With my old stock converter and slicks I pulled 60 foot times in the 1.70's. With the same setup and this 1300 converter the best I could muster (with slicks) was 2.5's... Its like a turd for the first 300 feet...