cost of changing to e85

Crazyx4

what is the cost of changing for racing gas to e85. using renagade pro120 and fast XFI. I have 96lb injectors and redds dp. I'm using 1/2 fuel line and stock return. I think I have an injector down and was going to change to the 120lb's but if I went to e85 I would get the 160lb's. any power gains?

what is the cost of changing for racing gas to e85. using renagade pro120 and fast XFI. I have 96lb injectors and redds dp. I'm using 1/2 fuel line and stock return. I think I have an injector down and was going to change to the 120lb's but if I went to e85 I would get the 160lb's. any power gains?

Power gains .... in theory YES ... in reality I haven't seen any on mid 10 second cars.

Cost wise .. different ball game ... $2.32 E85 Vs $15.00 a gallon for Race fuel .. even the drum E100 is $5 a gallon depending on who you get it from.

I will never go back to race fuel again.

what is the cost of O2 sensor, would I have to change fuel pumps, spark plugs, etc. E100 a race fuel-what octane is it?

Get 2 340lph pumps forthe double pumper and 160lbs injectors. I am still running the same spark plugs as with race gas.

I can tell you that it is better to a little bigger the first time and not really waste a dime. PM me if you would like to talk about a few things and my opinion. Give me your number if you like a call.

Clint

what is the cost of O2 sensor, would I have to change fuel pumps, spark plugs, etc. E100 a race fuel-what octane is it?

I don't think you would have to change pumps.. with a single 300lph you can support just about 600 hp max.. reds XP pumps are essentially 255's 2 of them will make damn near 1000 hp

I don't pay attention to octane E100 is approx. 109 octane... I pay attention to knock , AFR, and ext temps..i don't bother looking at anything else .. I don't tune towards boost numbers or a boxed tune
every car is different .. Ive said it before... E85 is the simplest mod you can make with the greatest returns.
IF you really understand what the fuel is about.. you will be left with the obvious ... WHY DID I NOT SWITCH SOONER.

can I run the 160lb's if I don't change to e85. 1000 hp is where I want to be. I need to update my xfi to the 2.0.

I've been running it yrs. & i've gone as fast as of 9.3's @ 145 on a 109 block. It's really worth it, but your fuel system & tuning have to be on point all the time.
Gabby

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

I would talk to the guys on here that are making that power, go off there recommendations. Gabby and Forcefed to name 2.

There he is...chimed in before I could hit the reply button.

Last edited: