Cost for Bowling Green

T

Turbo Dog

Just received the GSXtra and would like to know if I have to pay the registration fee in order to just be a spectator at Bowling Green this year. Line one says "Spectator ticket $8. Line 12 says Registration fee $25 before April 5 - Not Optional! Then down below that, in line 2, it says "You do not need to register just to spectate. Early registration discount spectator tickets must include the registration fee. . So my question is, would I pay the registration fee? If so, it's too expensive and I won't go.

Anybody have any info on this? Don't you guys think $25 to register plus $8 ticket is a little steep, just to be a spectator? Or am I missing something here?

I would say no. I don't think they would have a very good turn out spectator wise if everyone had to pay a $25 reg. fee plus a $8 ticket to watch, so I would say no. You can go over to the GSCA board and ask them.

I have some questions of my own like what is a Super 16 sticker for $45.00, and what is the Car Corral for $15.00.
The GSCA website seems to be down, and I cannot get a return call from the number listed..
If anyone else can answer this, I would appreciate it. It's been 10 years since I attended..In 1993 I think there were 3 options. Race, Race and Show.:D

Originally posted by jdodman
I have some questions of my own like what is a Super 16 sticker for $45.00, and what is the Car Corral for $15.00.
In order to compete in a special bracket race with the 16 fastest Buicks (the slowest typically runs faster than 9.99), you have to purchase the Super 16 sticker for your windshield.

To the best of my knowledge, the Car Corral is the car show entry fee to show your car.

To just spectate you have two option:

1. Pay the registration fee and purchase spectator tickets at the discounted prices, or
  2. Skip the registration fee and pay the 'full-fare' spectator ticket prices.
    [/list=1]
    It's thus a very simple "buy/lease" decision based on the number of days you wish to spectate. ;)

Lets see what this would cost for two people to go on Friday and Sat: Option (1) Pay registration fee and buy discounted tickets:

$25X2=$50
8X2= $16

total= $66
Option (2) Pay full price at the gate:
Friday 2X18=$36
Sat 2X18=$36
total=$72

Both options seem kind of expensive, but I don't attend many races of this sort. Is this more, or less, than other similar events? Remember, this is $16 per person just to Spectate. We're not talking the Indy 500 here.

Hey Turbo dog im pretty sure the 25$ is only a 1 time fee.
not per person or per day. just once thats it..
Dave

Originally posted by Turbo Dog
Lets see what this would cost for two people to go on Friday and Sat: Option (1) Pay registration fee and buy discounted tickets:
$25X2=$50
8X2= $16
total= $66
NO. Only the one person that is the GSCA member has to to register. He (or she) can then buy discounted spectator tickets for himself and his guests. (See footnotes #1 and #14 on the Registration Form)

Option (2) Pay full price at the gate:
Friday 2X18=$36
Sat 2X18=$36
total=$72

Both options seem kind of expensive, but I don't attend many races of this sort. Is this more, or less, than other similar events?

No where - I repeat - No where will you see so many fast, clean streetable cars racing. Not just bracket racing like a Super Chivvy or Fun F*rd Weekends, but Heads Up racing (~6 classes), Super 16, bracket racing AND this year on Friday you get to see select Show Cars go down the track (these aren't just trailer queens you know!), Gamblers races, the ATR Turbo Regal Challenge and the new Inter-Chapter GSCA club member race. And best of all you can meet HUNDREDS of Turbo Buick fanatics that would love to shoot the sh*t with you.

Remember, this is $16 per person just to Spectate. We're not talking the Indy 500 here.
Uhhhh, you've never bought a ticket to the Indy 500 have you? ;) And Yes, this is much cheaper than other car club race events.

Oh and after reviewing my GSX-tra, I believe the Car Corral is for a "vendors license" in the pits. The Entry for Showing your car is $20 as noted in footnote #6 of that registration form.

Guys a Car Corral is a place where all the for sale cars can park together.
See ya, Kip

Looking Forward to attending. I hope the weather has gotten better during the month of May, in Bowling Green. I attended from 1988 to 1993 and we had some very hot/humid and very wet events. Oh well, always had fun just the same.

Thanks for all the answers to my questions..;)

OK, thanks Scott231. I have another question for you regarding footnote #14. It says if I want to purchase more tickets at BG, I must present the original copy of the form. How can I present the original copy when I must send it in, in advance? Will the copy be at the gate, with my tickets, when I get there?

When you get to the track you will have to go to the tent set up before you enter the gates and pick up your registration packet. In that packet is your tickets and your original registration form. Just remember what times you can pick up your packets. 2 years ago I bought 3 admission tickets and a race ticket for my arrival day but I arrived an hour after the GSCA's cut off time for packet pick-up. They refused to give me my packet so they got to keep my money and I got to turn around and go to the hotel early in the afternoon.