Corvette wheels on GN? compatible?

PhilthMonger

I have access to a nice set of corvette/camaro wheels.... bolt pattern looks identical, standard chevy, 17 X 9.5 (all 4) but has a 54mm offset....does anyone think I will need spacers and/or longer wheels studs? any help would be appreciated. the wheels are FREE by the way, so it would be nice to be able to use them! :D

Something sounds fishy. Modern Corvette wheels typically have WAY too much backspacing for a TR. Is that 54mm offset you mention positive or negative? Either way....if it's positive the wheel will probably stick out from under the wheel wells too far and look stupid. If it's negative, the backspacing will be much too much and the wheels will never fit without some mega serious spacers and extra long wheel studs which I wouldn't recommend for safeties sake.

I think I got this figured out right???

BTW, if they're free and in good shape...take them. Even if they don't fit your TR, sell 'em on ebay or something.

I'm a Corvette guy too, and I went downstairs and measured the backspacing on a 9.5 in wheel. Metrics aside I measured 7.5 in of backspace. I think you would need maybe a 3.5 in spacer ?? Yes, they do have a 4.75 bolt circle. Think about it !!

I`ve personally seen a set of Corvette rims on a Regal, i think 89-90 model rims...they did not stick out pass the fender it look really nice, i was going to stop the guy but the window was rolled up with dark tint, i dont approach cars with dark tint