Corvette vs Mustang...which should we buy?? If Corvette a C5 or C6??

87LtdT

Wife is in serious heat for a new style Mustang, or C5 or C6. She's worth it so I'm looking for opinions on Mustang vs Corvette, and C5 vs C6 Corvette.

Anything wrong with the early years of either??

Looking to spend between $30-45k.

Thanks your opinions and for any tips.

Bob

Bob,

I had a 2000 C5 and I simply loved it. They say to buy 01-04 if you are buying a C5 but I never had a problem with my C5. Def stay away from the 97-99 they had issues that I cant recall. My car had low miles and didnt really drive it to much so I didnt have any real issue except the rear end had a leak but I had a extended warranty. It was a real fun car to drive with the top off but I would scrape the car everytime I would take it out of the driveway because the front was so low. Had to take it in/out real slow.

Check out www.corvetteforum.com

HTH
Joe

I would say theres no question, corvette, but im a bit bias. the C5s look great, the c6s look amazing. youre looking at base in youre range for a c6 or you could probally get a really nice c5 z06 also, id probally go for the z06. can youre wife drive stick??

Thanks guys...the 01/04 preferance and driveway advise is good...ours might be a problem. Wife can drive a stick but prefers automatics.

Bob

if you get a auto make sure it has a perf axle which is a 3:15 otherwise auto's come with 2:73 I think. Makes a diff. I prefer the C5 over the C6 at times cause I used to love how my car sounded with an exhaust I cant imagine the C6 with the same exhaust it looks like it should sound more europian or something.

Dont get a C5 or a mustang. Get the Zo6 or C6. If I bought a new car, it would be a vette.

Jason

My wife is in serious heat for a Yellow Ragtop C-6. Guess what - she isn't getting one.

If your wife must have an auto trans then a C-6 is the answer. 50 more Hp's than a C-5.

I'm going for a Mustang GT in the spring. White/Blue Stripe. Hopefully I can afford a Dealer installed Supercharger, Cold Air Intake, Cat-Back. Just love the new style, don't care how many are out there. Just my .02!!!

thanks guys...

fighterjet...you know of any teething problems with the 2005 C6?? Anything to watch out for?? I am leery buying 1st generation of anything.

You in USAF??

Thanks, Bob (USAF 70-78)

Get the C6 Corvette...The improvements with ride quality are amazing. You should be able to pick one up with 10-15,000 Miles for Low 40's.

87LtdT said:
Wife is in serious heat for a new style Mustang, or C5 or C6. She's worth it so I'm looking for opinions on Mustang vs Corvette, and C5 vs C6 Corvette.

Anything wrong with the early years of either??

Looking to spend between $30-45k.

Thanks your opinions and for any tips.

Bob
If you could find a 07 GT500 shelby at MSRP..it would be a great deal..500 hp..I love mine.....
shelby.jpg

87LtdT said:
thanks guys...

fighterjet...you know of any teething problems with the 2005 C6?? Anything to watch out for?? I am leery buying 1st generation of anything.

You in USAF??

Thanks, Bob (USAF 70-78)
it was only 1 recall on the 2005's & that was a roof problem, guys were complaining that their roofs were coming off :eek: im lucky i haven't had any problems with mine. im not in the air force (ex-marine), i once had a TA49 in my GN & a cop heard it whining while i was blowing away a mustang and said it "sounded like a fighterjet" & thats how i got my name.

Get a 2007 vette. I just did. The new 07 has a six speed automatic that is just as fast as the stick. You and your wife will be happy. Very nice machine!!
No key! Just get in the car with a fob in your pocket and hit the start button. Spank that ford azz.