Correct Street Tire for GN

GNDen

I am looking to put a larger sized tire(and brand) on my GN rims(actually just the rear). I currently have 235/60/15 Dunlops all around. I have no tracking what so ever:mad:! What is the best street tire and best size to mount to the rear wheels for hooking???

I need traction:( please help. I do have rear air bags and a pinion snubber.

Thanks!!

bfg or nitto drag radials are the tire of choice for many of the members here. i have nittos, they hook pretty good on the street...:cool:

THANKS bar87:) Do you know what size would be best to mount to the GN rim...???

Thanks!:cool:

275/50/15 fits nice on the stock rims, theyre the same height as the 235s, just a lil bit wider

if you run the 275's on the stock 7" rim the tire will wear the center of the rim out because the smallest rim recom for the 275's are 7.5 ". So the stockers will cause them to crown.

I run 265/50/15 ' s on the stock rim and they crown so I have to run them with low air psi.

I run 18 psi in my 255/60-15's on stock T wheels all the time. They still wear considerably more in the middle because of the crown.

I have BFG Drag Radials on my two cars 275/50/15, I've got some great results with traction with these, been able to launch 7-8 psi on a TE-61 with no burnout in the street.

For street driving, I recommend Nitto 275x50. The Nittos are very good in the rain & hook good when dry. I understand the Nittos will last longer than the BFG - I've heard 8k+ miles compared to 4k miles - I get about 5-6 k miles. Most owners getting the higher mileage run a wider wheel - I intend to go that route later. I find I have to run about 24 pounds on stock Ttype wheels.

28x11.50x15 ET Streets work pretty good for me.They last just as long as drag radials and handle fine on the street with 25 to 30# in them.Drive to the track on them air them down and hook even better.

PRICE?

I just bought two nitto dragg radials, 275 50 15 's . I paid $350 bucks including mount and balance. was I takin or is this the going rate?
Kevin

Whistle pig, that doesn't sound too off. I paid about $125 a tire for my smaller G-60s, and you figure $10 per wheel for mounting and balancing, and you're at $270. I know the Nittos are a more expensive tire, and honestly a lot better for grip and for daily driving (the biased plys ride like KRAP). So you didn't get taken. You maybe could've saved some money shopping around, but that takes time, and time is money. Don't sweat it, if you like the tires and they last you a few months, money well spent. These things don't seem to be friendly to the back tires anyway!

Actually, 235/60/15's & 275/50/15's are not the same height.

The 235's measure 26.1" diameter and the 275's measure 25.8"
The difference may be visibly discernable, depending upon the condition of your springs. Dual airbags would, IMHO, improve the looks, and are a nice extra anyway...

When the speedometer reads 60mph, you would actually be traveling at 59.4 mph with the 275's.

Micelin Pilots on the front and Nittos on the back.

Close enough in height and speedometer for me. :)

Blizzaks are still on one car for now....

Can't trust that darn weather. :D