Correct Front Deflectors Set Up 87 Turbo T

Cliff

When I purchased my car it only had 1 air deflector on it, it is a straight deflector mounted just before the IC scoop. I just ordered the correct air dams for both sides from highwaystars and just located a straight deflector with the IC cutout which I believe is correct. Does anyone have a pic of their correct OEM setup that you can take a pic of so I can set this car up and make it look right.

Attachments

• 20150904_141933.jpg
    20150904_141933.jpg
    330 KB · Views: 209
I know it's cold out but no one can get a good clean pic of their front deflectors setup?

Nice car!! I see how it looks from the front just wondering if anyone had a pic on the bottom. I see how the 2 front spoilers goto the IC scoop just wondering what deflector is there and how many? Mine had a straight un-notched deflector and I also purchased a deflector with the notch for the IC. Just trying to get the correct layout.

The one piece air dam that goes from the front of wheel well opening on one side of the car forward to the bumper, across the front of the car to the other side and rearward to the other wheel well opening is for the '82- '85 non intercooled cars and for the front mount intercooler guys who don't need the "notch" to channel air to an intercooler that's no longer there.
The two piece air dams are for the '86-'87's with the stock location intercoolers.
They mount as pictured with a little more space between them.
They are positioned as looking from the front, setting on the ground under the car ready to be raised up and installed.
I hope this helps, George

image.jpeg

The one piece air dam that goes from the front of wheel well opening on one side of the car forward to the bumper, across the front of the car to the other side and rearward to the other wheel well opening is for the '82- '85 non intercooled cars and for the front mount intercooler guys who don't need the "notch" to channel air to an intercooler that's no longer there.
The two piece air dams are for the '86-'87's with the stock location intercoolers.
They mount as pictured with a little more space between them.
They are positioned as looking from the front, setting on the ground under the car ready to be raised up and installed.
I hope this helps, George

View attachment 273434
Thank you George.....I have the 2 front spoilers that I purchased from highwaystars. Now what I had on the car was the solid 1 piece deflector without the notch and I just purchased the same deflector with the notch for the IC. So I can get rid of the solid one since I am making it look correct.

Sounds good. You don't want anything to get in the way of the air getting to the intercooler.

Ok, so I am mounting up the 2 front deflectors and the bumper parts I figured out.....I am having an issue where the deflector mounts by the front wheel well. Does it bolt to the lower fender bolt or does it clip on some way. Does anyone have a good pic from the bottom of their car so I can get this right.

It's too dark for a picture tonight but there is a clip midway from bumper back toward wheel in the cutout/notch on the deflector. Then it bolts last hole before inner fender from underneath. I can put a flashlight on it and take a picture tomorrow.

Right where inner fender meets is where it's bolted and maybe 10" forward of that is the slot where it has a clip.