Cops called to 4th block party

xlr8ngn

We had a block party in my neighborhood, and everyone was invited. We are all pretty close, and there were only a couple of families that did not show up. We began with a few fireworks and not three minutes after we started the "law" showed up. He was very nice and said a neighbor is complaining. He left and we stopped. Here in Georgia it is illegal to shoot fireworks. But, for a neighbor to call the police is pretty pathetic. And he could have easily written us tickets if he wanted. I would like to know which of the few neighbors it was that did not show up so I can ignore them for good. It is really a stretch to call who ever it was a "neighbor".

at a 4th gathering I had with some friends at their house, we set up some chairs across the street on the CITY'S sidewalk to watch fireworks. They were blocked by a tree in the yard of the house that was having the gathering. Eventually that stopped and we set off some of our own from our driveway and the owner of the house across the street drives up and we move to let him in his driveway. He tells us that "it was mighty presumptious of us to move across the street like this and set off fireworks". You know, it's a minor inconvenience to tolerate someone else's patriotism ONE day out of the year. pathetic that some people can't understand that.

Originally posted by xlr8ngn
We had a block party in my neighborhood, and everyone was invited. We are all pretty close, and there were only a couple of families that did not show up. We began with a few fireworks and not three minutes after we started the "law" showed up. He was very nice and said a neighbor is complaining. He left and we stopped. Here in Georgia it is illegal to shoot fireworks. But, for a neighbor to call the police is pretty pathetic. And he could have easily written us tickets if he wanted. I would like to know which of the few neighbors it was that did not show up so I can ignore them for good. It is really a stretch to call who ever it was a "neighbor".

I have neighbors (in the states) that would shoot of fireworks every 4th. They would shoot 'em into the night. But they were always respectful and the only reason the police would come is becuase they (the police) would hear the fireworks.

But to call the police on your neighbor is just plain wrong and making for a real bad blood situation.

Sounds like it's time for you to get a potato gun and start firing rounds over their house. :eek:

Dang, you must have some old biddies as neighbors or just some d**kheads. We've had a family fourth of july every year for I don't know how long and no one would complain at all. Hell, the cops had a little spot no further than 100feet from our house they would sit and take radar, and they wouldn't do anything besides sit there and watch our fireworks show. And believe me, we always had a really good amount of explosives after visiting a friends fireworks stand and getting everything for about half off in Missouri. And yes, it is illegal to possess/light fireworks in Illinois. Maybe you should find out who it was and report them to the FBI as suspected terrorist, that'd teach em.

-Dan

Dang, you must have some old biddies as neighbors or just some d**kheads.

I believe they are just d**kheads. No old biddies on the street. Pretty sad someone would call 911 on 50+ of their neighbors.

What part of Woodstock ya in?

Right off Towne Lake Pkwy at Rope Mill. Brookshire subdivision. How about you?

Burn his F@#king house down

Dang ,I'm cruel....

JKust kiddin about the burn down the house,,,,

No I'm not ...:rolleyes: :D

Heh, I second the notion to turn him in for Terrorism. Tell them he chants to the east a couple times a day and he has lots of visitors. :)

I believe they are just d**kheads. No old biddies on the street. Pretty sad someone would call 911 on 50+ of their neighbors.

Right off Towne Lake Pkwy at Rope Mill. Brookshire subdivision. How about you?

I'm just off Exit 19 on 575, about a mile towards Cumming up Hwy 20. Should be moving somewhere closer to your area within the next few months.

My son and I were playing our guitars out in our garage, and one of the neighbors called the police on us. She is the same neighbor that asks me to come help her trim her trees in the fall every year.

Re: Re: Cops called to 4th block party

Originally posted by gn85
Sounds like it's time for you to get a potato gun and start firing rounds into their house. :eek:

Here, I fixed that for you ;)

Winchester makes a 10-gauge blank-shooting cannon that is legal in most states as long as you don't fire it too early or late. Booms like a son-of-a-bitch. We have one in Maine and shoot it over the harbor and it is LOUD. Point it at the neighbors and pump about 20 round through it - but for that you will need ear protection - I was ringing for like 2 hours after 5 shells....

Jim

Winchester makes a 10-gauge blank-shooting cannon

I have the real thing. It is a 10ga Ithaca automatic gas operated shotgun. It will stop a Volkswagen head on at 30MPH. ;)

I have the real thing. It is a 10ga Ithaca automatic gas operated shotgun. It will stop a Volkswagen head on at 30MPH. ;)

After I leave Germany I'd like to volunteer my Volkswagen for that demonstration. :)