Cop stopped me because he didn know the diff GN / regal

Little6pack

State cop stopped me last night accused my plates being on a regal & not a GN

I had to explan to the knuklehead the regestry puts Regal because the GN was built on the regal base. Actually they are all called Turbo or T-Type base according to insurance companies.

I think he really stopped me because of the numbers on my window from dragstrip :rolleyes:

Fry em

You should have rolled down your windows and said "It's a Regal on crack. Could a normal Regal do this?" and start roasting your tires do a big burnout and take off! He will play along and follow you with his lights on, don't stop! He may even invite his police buddies to watch the action. Most of the local police here know what these cars are.

Ahh ,I see the problem..

Well I heard most can think straight with their night stick shoved up their arse,but you have stumbled upon a milestone,,one that CANT think staight with a night stick up da booty:eek: :eek: :eek:

1987 GN=8 tickets
1987 White T=0 tickets
1987 Blue T = 0 Tickets
Bunch of racists

Sell the GN and be free of Arse munchers

I live in a small town and every cop knows my car even though I rarely drive it, but when I do they all give me the thumbs up or smile or wave. Of course there is some punk kid hotrodding around in a Monte SS naturally it's black, but I guess the cops know the difference!

The GN is a Buick Regal that happens to have the "Grand National" option package.

The cop just wanted to take a look. :rolleyes:

Originally posted by MistaScott
The GN is a Buick Regal that happens to have the "Grand National" option package.

The cop just wanted to take a look. :rolleyes:

Yep, same as the GTO was a Le Mans w/GTO option

wasnt that actually a tempest?....i though the GTO was a option for the tempest not the lemans

Originally posted by Shelbyguy
wasnt that actually a tempest?....i though the GTO was a option for the tempest not the lemans

When it first came out it was an option on the Tempest. But eventually it did become it's own car. The registration for my '67 said "GTO", not Tempest. MY GN registration says "GN", too but only because I set it up that way. Using the VIN they will come up with "Regal", I believe.

I can sort of see people being genuinely confused as to why the registration says Regal but the GN does not say Regal anywhere on it. I doubt that's really why you got pulled over though.

Jim

Tell the truth. You were speeding:D He was just trying to bust your balls.