Cooling question

str8six

I have a Kenne bell front mount intercooler and noticed my car runs a little hot I also have a 160 deg thermostat... My question is do u guys think that a dual fan kit will solve the problem or do I need a radiator and fans? Any help would be appreciated

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

If its the original radiator start there. Fans won't help a half plugged radiator. Or just do both and be done the first time.

What is a little hot? Stock rad and fan? Where do you live?

Depending on where you live the front mount can cause a lot of temp issues when using stock cooling system. Check out Peter's rads and fans if you end up needing a new setup. Best out there!

On a hot day it can go up to 215 radiator and fan are stock

I live in Northern California the only day it went up to 230 deg is when I was driving uphill from San Diego and it was 104 deg that day

Your stock radiator has horizontal flues. As time goes by the clog one by one from the bottom up. After 1/4 century they're long past useable.

230 is way too hot in my opinion. I am also in Cali, and with the ALRADCO rad my car stayed very cool. Never over 170 with a horribly restrictive front mount, and I had manual control of the fans. I rarely ever turned them on. I ran that rad in two different cars, with both the Intrepid/Ramchargers fan and a stocker. Never any cooling issues.

Might be time to save up for a rad swap.