Cooling question

V6DVette

aka Smitty
I got a Be Cool radiator from my kids for Xmas and I'm trying to decide on what fan to use. I only have 3 1/2" between the rad. and the intercooler scoop. (no room for a front mount)
Anyway, I want to put a 16" fan in and wanted your feedback on the different models and CFM requirements for the 3.8 turbo motor. Is the Spal worth the $$? "S" blade or straight? Is bigger better CFM wise?...or will too much cause it to cycle too often?
Any feedback here will be much appreciated.
And this is for my Vette... Not my T

I'm never gonna finish this car!:(

My experience

I have a Be Cool in my GN with the factory fan and it works great! Coolant temps never exceed 180 with the AC on, and 165 with it off. These temps are at Highway speeds on a 90 degree day. I'm not exactly sure the rated CFM of the factory fan, so I cannot recommend a fan size for you. I have the fan on a switch and keep it on whenever the car is running. I let the T-stat cycle to maintain coolant temp. I hope this helps some, though it may not be exactly what you are looking for.

Eric

Electric fan

I used a Ramcharger duel electric fan set up, which works great. See pictures of install on Webshots.com
Look up member "mrbuick101"

OK I see I need to clearify this a bit. The BeCool crossflow in the vette only gives me a 18" square available for a fan. I almost fit two 10"ers caddy corner but didn't like how it looked or fit.