Cooling issue's, fan related

Dennis F

First time poster here,

I have an 87 GN that I am starting to mod. I have owned it for 6 years but never did anything with it til last year. After driving it for a bit with the new turbo and FMIC, the car is over heating.

I am planning on installing a pusher fan in front of the a/c condensor. I had a universal 12" kicking around to do this with.

I hope the stock fan is adiquite for the higher temps being seen now with the FMIC, even with a 160* thermostat. I noticed the fan only turns on once in awile and usually if itreaches 210* first.

Is the fan computer controlled? Also, where is the sensor that actually either sends signal to the ECU or does it go straight to a relay?

I am basically looking for any help with this, I want to start driving the car around more but not with it overheating and it was bearly 80 today.

Thanks for any help!

Do a search for the f-body radiator here on this site. I have purchased them for around 100-125, they work better than the stock radiator.. It will delete the oil cooler. available at napa

http://www.gbodyparts.com/product_i...d=334&osCsid=1cfb5313d488a35a351c1038593b1113

Install that fan for 99.00 plus the quick connector

www.turbotweak.com to get a chip that will turn the fans on at what ever temp you want, i had eric turn mine on at 155 and it works very well.
The fan is computer controlled, your overtemp switch is kicking the fans on.
What happens when you turn the ac on, does the fan come on immediately?
BW