Coolant Temp sensor

55Belair

I am running the FAST system on a normally aspirated 383 chevy engine. I have converted a tunnelram intake base to injection. My question is concerning the Coolant temp sensor. I currently have one opening in the intake for temp sensor which I intend to use for my mechanical gauge. Is there a problem putting the electronic sensor in the opening in the head? or should I reverse them(put the mechanical sender in the head and the sensor in the intake)

you put the sender for the gauge in the head and the CTS in the intake....that is the way it is setup from the factory

Originally posted by 55Belair
I am running the FAST system on a normally aspirated 383 chevy engine. I have converted a tunnelram intake base to injection. My question is concerning the Coolant temp sensor. I currently have one opening in the intake for temp sensor which I intend to use for my mechanical gauge. Is there a problem putting the electronic sensor in the opening in the head? or should I reverse them(put the mechanical sender in the head and the sensor in the intake)

Weld a bung on if needed, but you want to have a clue as to what the CTS is reading in my book. You can pop a headgasket on one side, and not see the problem for a few seconds with a guage in the other head, setup. Just my opinion.