Coolant sensor

Hey guys. I got an 84 GN and someone pulled the stock thermostat senson and put in an aftermarket guage. I'm looking to put the stock sensor back in so the check engine light goes off but i'm having trouble locating one. My local dealer found one but apparently they discontinued that sensor and they have a replacement one. The problem is the replacement one has a different connector so I would have to splice the wiring harness whch i'd rather not do. The gm part number for the original part is 10045847 and the replacement is 8993146.

Found this on gmpartsdirect.com-

GM PART # 10045847
CATEGORY: Coolant Temperature Sensor
PACK QTY: 1
CORE CHARGE: $0.00
GM LIST: $54.50
OUR PRICE: $28.35

DESCRIPTION: SENSOR

find a real parts store with someone that knows how to open a book.. i had to get a temp sensor for my 84 a few months after i got it, and the one that the computer speced out had the newer connector on it. the guy pulled out the book that had the pics of all the different sensors and found the one that had the proper end on it- and it was cheaper, too.
this is the one you need- i looked it up for an 84 Camaro, since i remembered seeing the same sensor on my cousin's 84 Camaro with the Ceasefire 305..
Store Locator | NAPA Online

MPE TS4032SB is the part number at NAPA. $12.69 is the price.

i really hate the new NAPA website- it is good for looking things up, but if you want to link to it, it wants to know where you are..