Convertor Question

Gn Guy

Was wondering what size torque convertor, stall for the 200r4. I have recently purchased used from a fellow Gn owner. He had it connected to his car and recently showed 625 hp on a dyno run. It is supposedly enhanced with some go fast parts. I am going to install it in an 82 El Camino with a 350 SBC which I might stroke to a 383 someday. I will be running on the local track and would like to see 13's . I should add I also purchased his 3.42 rear end. Thanks for any info.

It's probably not a stock converter. We have very little info here. I'd either ask the last owner what brand, size, stall. Or take it to a good tranny guy.

Was wondering what size stall convertor for a 200r4. I have recently purchased this transmission from a fellow Gn owner. He was using a Vigilante 3200 and recently showed 625 hp on a dyno run. It is supposedly enhanced with some go fast parts. I am going to install it in an 82 El Camino with a 350 SBC which I might stroke to a 383 someday. I will be running on the local track and would like to see 13's . I should add I also purchased his 3.42 rear end. Thanks for any info.

Are you asking if the Vigilante will work with your V8?

It's a 10" converter that will most likely stall 3200 rpm behind your V8. I bet it stalls more like 2800 behind the V6. It would work well with what you have.

Convertor

Just looking for what size stall to put behind a 350 V8 for the strip to attain 13 second times ie:2800, 3000, 3200 ..... What would be the best make? Edelbrock, TSM, ...?
The El Camino currently has a TH350 with a 2800 stall. The tranny is in bad shape so want to throw in the 200r4 and try it out. Are the convertors swappable?
Thanks