Converting a TSO car to e-85

Trbobuick

Boost addict
My car that i built for TSO is about to come back together and i want to run e-85 .

I have enough fuel system , enough injector, ect .

With a gt42-76 , a 224 hydro cam, whats the max boost i can run with 160 lb injectors ? What kind of timing as well ?

TIA

assuming you have a big front mount, i would say 28-32psi and 26* timing. On pump and tons of E98 (3 nozzles, I added 170whp worth of ethanol over what my 36# injectors maxxed out at). Maxxed out the TE44 at 32psi with no intercooler and was running 26/24 timing.

Just start turning both up until you find the limit, chances are you wont find one and will start having traction issues. I have a local friend with a TT 427 mustang that runs over 170mph on E85 with no issues, hasnt gotten over 1200whp yet on the tune and has a couple hundred to go because of traction issues. He is hoping to go 7s at close to 190 this year.

You'll need two sets of 160's, my car was @ 96% DC with one set on gas with 50psi rail pressure. Any chance of bringing that "TSO" car to a TSO race?

You'll need two sets of 160's, my car was @ 96% DC with one set on gas with 50psi rail pressure. Any chance of bringing that "TSO" car to a TSO race?
You were running a way bigger turbo than a 4276,with that
said it will need more than 1 set of injectors.
at 800RWHP a set of 160s was at 50%

You were running a way bigger turbo than a 4276,with that
said it will need more than 1 set of injectors.
at 800RWHP a set of 160s was at 50%

He did say TSO and there is more than one "4276" running over 160mph which'll be 80% DC or more.

assuming you have a big front mount,

Yes a Dequick v1

Just start turning both up until you find the limit, chances are you wont find one and will start having traction issues.

I can deal with traction issues :)

Let me restate...it would have been a competitive TSO car back in 05/06 with my combo.

Do i have enough injector to go mid nines on E85 ?

I also forgot to add that i have gn1 heads. What plugs should i use ? The 103's or the 3932's ?

Let me restate...it would have been a competitive TSO car back in 05/06 with my combo.

Do i have enough injector to go mid nines on E85 ?

I also forgot to add that i have gn1 heads. What plugs should i use ? The 103's or the 3932's ?

Mid 9's at 145-148 and 3400-3600# IMO you will be at the limit, I would sneak up on it if you try it. That turbo is good for 150+ even on a mild tune up and a hyd 224 cam. Mid 9's might have won you a few round in 2005 or 2006 but I wouldn't say it was competitive.

E85 is MUCH easier to do with high HP and a V8 with 2 extra injectors gets much more complicated in a high HP 6 cylinder application. You can always add a 7th or 8th injector.

Lol...thanks for taking a steaming pile on my combo ! ( i kid, i kid)

Thanks for the input guys.

Any word on what plugs to run ?

I think your combo is capable of going 150mph+:wink:

Believe me I have thought this through for my new car. I was seriously looking at running it on alcohol to save the weight of an IC but it just doesnt seem feasible $$$ wise. Plus the learning curve. Not all aftermarket systems will run 12 injectors, if you run 6 220# Siemans idle and driveability will suffer plus they are $150+ each and I may end up having to buy them anyway on gas:eek:

FYI I will be in your neck of the woods July 2 for the Milan race. We are running my former TSO car in the ODR. Hoping to run some pretty good #'s with it.

I can live with 150 mph. :)

Your coming up for the no et race ? Give me a call when you get into town- 248-640-7249