Converter

Don't waste your time in my opinion, order a PTC converter from Dusty Bradford and save yourself a lot of heartache. I had a orange stripe 3000 converter it just didn't get the job done for me.

I put in the Orange 3000 stall prior to the multidisk converters being available.

I probably would have used te multidisk if any were available, however the Orange unit works good on my daily driver & is far better than the original. Apparantly the original owner had the tranny serviced 2 times & when I got the TR, it had a standard Regal converter in it & not a TR converter. I'm pleased with the Orange, however, today I would be considering one of the multidisk units instead.

Don't waste your time in my opinion, order a PTC converter from Dusty Bradford and save yourself a lot of heartache. I had a orange stripe 3000 converter it just didn't get the job done for me.

Good advice! I love my PTC converter :biggrin:

I'll take a stock D-5 convertor over an orange stripe any day.

Orange stripes are CRAP!!!

i think you should grab a better converter,it is worth the money.i have used the orange strip back in the day but there is just a night and day difference between the good stuff and the cheap stuff.a good 9.5-10.5inch from someone that will work with you will have a solid affect on the cars performance and trans.

If you're interested, I have a good 9.5" Art Carr non-lockup converter I want to sell...I was asking $500. for it but make me a reasonable offer, and it's yours!

Claude. :wink:

If you're running a close to stock car, this converter works well. Once you hit the mid 11s, you need a better one. Mine works great, on the street, for me. At the track it holds about 8# on the line w/o pulling me thru the lights. Until I build a hotter motor, it's all I need....

I installed one in my car just this passed Friday night. A friend still had it on his shelf from a few years ago. My car did not pick up at all at the track with it. Went 7.50's 1/8 mile with high 1.60 60ft with it and same thing with the stock converter. It may spool just a hair faster, but the car didn't pick up like I though it would.