Converter suggestions please

BurNrubR

hello looking for converter suggestions for my 86. This is street car. It currently has a stock converter. Suggestions on what would match up best and be very streetable thank you.
Stock motor
Mild ported heads and intake
Atr headers
3 1/2 downpipe
Razor alky kit with tt chip
6262 precision turbo
60 lb injectors
Racetronics fuel pump
Precision stock location intercooler.

I would suggest Dave Husek @ Turbobuick Performance . He has new designs coming out that will not disappoint and his customer service is outstanding !! When you call him he ALWAYS answers and he calls back to check on how things are working out . Great vendor .
http://www.turbobuickperformance.com/ 516 - 285 - 1103

Call Dave Husek. I did...and 4 years later I haven't regretted one day.

I can set you up with the correct converter for your car. Give me a call to discuss. My 3021 HF LU will be the best choice for your application. Converter design is one of many things I do here. I am hands-on with my converter builds and I am working on new designs currently. Don't be fooled by vendors selling other vendors products, get a product that is designed by a veteran in the Turbo Buick Market since 1991. Call me to discuss the few options available such as furnace bracing not previously offered on my products and not available on the other vendors converters. Call any time 516-285-1103 David

I can set you up with the correct converter for your car. Give me a call to discuss. My 3021 HF LU will be the best choice for your application. Converter design is one of many things I do here. I am hands-on with my converter builds and I am working on new designs currently. Don't be fooled by vendors selling other vendors products, get a product that is designed by a veteran in the Turbo Buick Market since 1991. Call me to discuss the few options available such as furnace bracing not previously offered on my products and not available on the other vendors converters. Call any time 516-285-1103 David

There's barely any converters being built these days that aren't furnace brazed. Maybe stock 12" cores?

I had a Pats converter for years and was very happy with it. Outgrew it and swapped to one from Turbo Buick Performance( David Husek) just a few weeks ago and very happy with it.

Hey, Dave, why the 3021 instead of the higher stall 3521 (3000 to 3250 stall) converter you offer for a 6262 turbo? Anybody can chime in, please ...

Last edited:
With the setup that is posted, the 3021 HF is what will work best. The higher stall 3521 will be too loose for a stock cam.