Converter Recommendation

Stock shortblock, ported stock heads, upgraded springs, ported intake, 206 comp cam. I have a Turbonetics 70mm BB with P trim turbine wheel in a Stock Garrett Turbine housing that i would like to put in. I am thinking about the PTC 3200 L/U, Car is 70 % street, 30 % local eighth mile track.

Stock shortblock, ported stock heads, upgraded springs, ported intake, 206 comp cam. I have a Turbonetics 70mm BB with P trim turbine wheel in a Stock Garrett Turbine housing that i would like to put in. I am thinking about the PTC 3200 L/U, Car is 70 % street, 30 % local eighth mile track.

The 3200 stall will be the lowest stall you can possibly get away with and spool-up may still be laggy. That's a huge turbo for this engine. I'd suggest a much smaller turbo like a 6262 to make the whole combo work better.

Id do as Dusty suggested. You wont get a lockup converter to couple if you start to run that combo over 21-22psi. Id go to a 9.5" PTC no matter what turbo i was using. Nothing ive seen works better.

Id do as Dusty suggested. You wont get a lockup converter to couple if you start to run that combo over 21-22psi. Id go to a 9.5" PTC no matter what turbo i was using. Nothing ive seen works better.

Thanks Bison

Who you recommend to get get from?

I can fix you up with what you need. I'd opt for the smaller turbo to help with spooling. Swapping to a 9.5 non lock will also help with spooling that turbo without loosing top end pull. To get both good spooling and top end pull you'd have to lock a multi-disc at WOT.

Thanks Bison

Who you recommend to get get from?

Id rec a Dusty Spec'd PTC like the one in used in the thread i started in time slip/combo forum from about 5 weeks ago. Forget about the lockup if you are planning on running over 500whp. There is no benefit there. These PTC 9.5" converters dont slip much at cruise. The added aggravation of a LU converter is not worth it and it still wont 330' like the one i suggested.

converter

Id rec a Dusty Spec'd PTC like the one in used in the thread i started in time slip/combo forum from about 5 weeks ago. Forget about the lockup if you are planning on running over 500whp. There is no benefit there. These PTC 9.5" converters dont slip much at cruise. The added aggravation of a LU converter is not worth it and it still wont 330' like the one i suggested.

Thanks Brian

I looked at that thread with great interest (as you can imagine) as the setup i am planning is very similar to yours, i think a similar converter will definitely be the way to go :biggrin: