Converter question...

Scott89TTA

I picked up a almost new 9-11 billet converter with very low miles in a deal along with a built trans a month or so ago from a board member (ttafan, Andeson built TTA). I was wondering if anyone has used this converter with the stock turbo and how did it run and is there any problems with doing so. I plan to upgrade my turbo, fuel pump, injectors and add alky and new chip but not just yet. I think the stall is around 3400 to maybe 3600.

Thanks,

with the PTS billet 9X11 with a flash stall of 3400-3600 that stock turbo is going to spool like crazy. It will be fun im sure. I would install it now its not going to hurt anything.

with the PTS billet 9X11 with a flash stall of 3400-3600 that stock turbo is going to spool like crazy. It will be fun im sure. I would install it now its not going to hurt anything.

that's pretty much what I have been told...even by Bill Anderson himself, I was just woundering if anyone has run one on the stock turbo. The trans in the package is completely built up (Anderson Performance) with all the good stuff...billet servo, VB, pump, extra bands, etc. It is the same trans Anderson uses in all the cars he builds...he said it was good for low-mid 10's. It also has a CK manual trans brake as well. I suppose the MT DR's will help from not completely blowing the tires off ?

Thats alot of stall what turbo are you looking to get

not sure yet...any suggestions, Razor told me to be carefull with my choice since I have stock heads and cam...if I go too big I will be beyound the rpm/flow max of the stock heads/cam. I don't intend to do any head/cam work until I need to pull the motor apart. But when I do change the turbo I will do the things I listed in the begining of this post.

Thanks,

Put it in and see how it feels. If you dont like it you might call a vendor that sells the 9-11's. You should be able to get the stall speed changed for a reasonable fee.