converter opinions pls

T-Type Mike

guys, I am in the hunt for a new converter. My tranny went south last week and the rebuild starts tomorow. I am wondering what stall you would suggest for a mild rebuilt trans. I was thinking between 2800-3000 with the mods I have below, any opinions would be a huge help. Thanks, Mike

Mike, who's doing the tranny? Dave? I'll save you a seat this weekend so we can 'ride the pine' together and watch all these guys with working cars run :D
Jim

Jim,
Sounds good to me. I will be at Mission Friday and Saturday forsure! A bunch of guys around here are going to race, I am apparently part of the pit crew! Should be a blast!
I have spoken to Dave a couple of times this week, he says the cars going into the shop tomorow. Also spoke to Darell? out at TCS about converters, I just dont know what way I should go here, I'd like a 3000 stall, but we will see.
Talk to you later man, :D Mike

TCS does a decent convertor as long as you get the full race lock-up 9.5" unit like most of the guys have. If you don't actually need a convertor you could always hold off and get one down the road. The re& re on a convertor is not much time or $ if you pay to have it done. The nice thing about TCS is they are local here if you have a problem.

Dave will do a decent job on your tranny. He has a few new tricks he learned recently from Len Freeman and he tried them in my tranny and they seem to work well. Good luck.

Clayton

Single disk 0 pump 3k stall vigilante would work nicely.

Also a 9-11 from Bruce would work nice at 3K stall.

Originally posted by Russ Merritt
I like the TCS 9/11 convertors too. 2800-3000 will work well at the track and street.

Actually, this is a different TCS that is local to us. They are unrelated to the TCS (in Arizona I think?) that does Bruce's convertors.

I agree a 3000 9/11 from bruce that also give a little room to grow for a turbo upgrade down the road.

Thanks for your reply's guys! I guess the concensus is a 2800-3000 stall.. SOunds good. Daryl quoted me $742. can$ Should be good! Thanks again guys. Mike