Converted To Turbo LS. Does it hurt value?

Well not sure about what you consider fast. But I have ran a few trailer cars on the street with it but that's another story....

Gbody is an ok platform but there are better ones like a fox body....

Those are as dime a dozen as ls motors especially combined...

Arent there non vin code 7 regals out there to do this to?

Let's take a Ferrari and put an ls in it just cause it's a cheaper motor! Woooooo!

#1.....that is a very nice car
#2....as a "die hard" Buick guy, wouldn't give it a second thought.
#3...do what makes you happy. My only suggestion, plea if you will...use a donor without a 7. Make a clone.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

The engines are only cheap when they come from trucks and vans... Look at the price of crate engines, or the LSA or the LS7. The reason they are used so much is because they are great motors. If you can afford a Ferrari I'm sure you can afford rebuilding or replacing its engine with the same one thats in it.... But LOL to turbo buicks being comparable to ferraris... Come on. A lot of people who have swapped in LS motors do it because the engine it replaced broke, or they built it and it didnt last and they wasted a ton of money into it..like some people do with the turbo Buick v6.

Now me, ill give the turbo Buick a try but once it lets me down then ill swap... Financially its the better option for me.

Just giving a comparison to the extreme to exemplify my point...no it's not a Ferrari it's a burick that back in it's heyday would outrun most exotics and everything stateside available....using a buick v6....surely wasn't a Chevy motor....

I'm pretty sure the grand national was only faster than the vette because the vette didnt have good gears... Besides almost everything was slow in the 80's. what exotic was the grand national faster than?

Zeroto60times.com

You need to brush up on some history of your car....and buy the black air documentary

Yeah black air is filmed and directed by people who think Turbo buicks are touched by god (ls1 reference). Its over hyped in my opinion, and I've only seen the trailer. And if you seen it then why don't you post the exotics that the turbo regals beat up on? The race isn't over at 60mph so 0-60 times isn't going to tell the out come. There were some pretty fast cars, 87 Ferrari F40... Yeah don't think they beat that car.

You guys are depreciating the value of this thread really..LOL....can we all stay on subject? The black interior is super nice!! That's a sharp looking Buick!!! Thats thinking out the box for sure. Good look with the project and I look forward to the outcome!!!;)

It was faster than the Ferrari 512 TR. It was just as fast as the F40 to 60.
The vette needed much more than gears to compete with this grocery getter.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

quit junking up the thread wahoo...

I shouldnt have chimed in but our discussion is done about it....go stalk lstech since your so head over heels

:) well you're the one bad mouthing the engine. Did you ever have an LS1 car before? If not why you hating!

Not bad mouthing the engine just destroying something with heritage to make it "just another LS car" kinda makes me want to puke.

Never owned one....ive drug to many behind me with less to justify wanting one

In fact on my maiden voyage with this new 6262 setup I had an 01 ss try to get some on the interstate and had to walk away from him 3 different times for him to quit trying...

funny chit

Lol you really showed him in his stock Camaro vs your highly modified turbo Buick!

We all like what we like!

Not bad mouthing the engine just destroying something with heritage to make it "just another LS car" kinda makes me want to puke.

Never owned one....ive drug to many behind me with less to justify wanting one

yeah on 8 pounds of boost lmao....he picked the fight...all it did was show me how slow the stock ones are ;)

Mod away. IMHO what makes it a Grand National is NOT the drivetrain (since that came in all T-Types) but the fact it was blacked out and only had three options (for the most part) Hardtop, T-Top and Astro Roof. You already painted the interior black (not knocking you, been considering it myself for awhile) which was a staple of what made it what it was (via options, not hype surrounding the car) so go for it.

I chose to mod mine because I do NOT plan to sell it, I wanted it to be fast (without spending $9k for only 400hp), reliable, easy to fix and a good cruising car.

I cut my teeth on LS1s (after I cut my knuckles on LT1s and Opti Sparks lol) so it felt wrong NOT to have an LS in it. I always loved the LOOK of the car but I came on the scene when Grand Nationals' run was over and the new king was the LS so I didn't have all the nostalgia others do.

Nothing wrong with it at all. I'm just not that type of car guy BUT I enjoy admiring the work (even if it is just a stock car clean as hell) of the guys who do keep it pure.

For me, I wanted the car, I love the car, but I got bored and wanted to make it MY car, not GM's legacy.

Hell, that is what it's all about---Having a car the way you want it to be. Pure stock to totally modified and any/everything in between!

Im having a hard time deciding if im gonna turbo ls this 87 limited turbo t (1 of 1050) roller i bought ,i want a track car, but not a shell something nice i can drive i can do drag week with have fun at grudge night run some 8s without having a sponsor or living in the car smh....

I'm pretty sure the grand national was only faster than the vette because the vette didnt have good gears... Besides almost everything was slow in the 80's. what exotic was the grand national faster than?
The Vette got trashed by the GN...not even close. 0-60 was almost a full second faster. Vette's are the 2nd fastest shiny fiberglass American made machine. If you want the fastest...buy a Ranger Bass Boat.
As for the exotics...it beat all the production models. Only a few factory modded ones were quicker...and for 1/4 of the $$$ or more in some cases.
You really don't seem to understand what the Grand Nationals are about. You think Black Air was not accurate...it was just a film of facts to really show what was created by a small design team in a non high performance era of automobile manufacturing in the US.
Buy a regular regal and do your swap. The GN needs a 6...period
There are just certain cars that you expect to see a certain engine in.
Early 60's Chevys have a 409. Early 60's Mopars have Max Wedges, and GN's have turbo 6's.

Last edited by a moderator: