Convertable ?

CHARGED

Thinking of getting a Convertable 03-04 Cobra for my daily driver and was wondering what safty rules/ restrictions are there for a convertable at the track?
At what times does it need a Rollbar or 5pt harness.

Always wanted a Convertable and so does the wife (which may be the only reason she lets me get it) :rolleyes:
May need to get a hardtop as I ain't putting in a full rollbar just to take it to the track a few times and it will be modded to run 11's :biggrin:

CHARGED said:
Thinking of getting a Convertable 03-04 Cobra for my daily driver and was wondering what safty rules/ restrictions are there for a convertable at the track?
At what times does it need a Rollbar or 5pt harness.

Always wanted a Convertable and so does the wife (which may be the only reason she lets me get it) :rolleyes:
May need to get a hardtop as I ain't putting in a full rollbar just to take it to the track a few times and it will be modded to run 11's :biggrin:

Most tracks are 11.99 or quicker...

I think the real answer is "It depends"

Here are typical "weasle words" from a track website:

The NHRA has announced that some of the rules regarding roll bars and safety equipment have been changed for the upcoming 2005 drag racing season. If a convertible is PURE STOCK it will be able to run up to 11.50 in time trials and on street nights, but it must be stock. No sticky tires, aftermarket bolt-ons, Nitrous, etc. will be allowed. Tech inspection will determine if a car is legal for the PURE STOCK rules. We will allow convertibles to run 12.80's or so as an example if they fit all the rules. The final say whether someone's car is legal and fits the PURE STOCK theme is totally up to the RP management. For more info on these and all NHRA rules, you should join the NHRA or purchase a 2005 NHRA rulebook.