conversion pics/questions

JOELO'S T-TYPE said:
Translator pro?

I read that the MAF translator pro can run the car with no MAF
:confused: im just trying to get rid of it because its just bulky and in the way...also anyone selling the factory bells (dunno if thats the correct term) that goes on the front of the 86-87 turbos? i will one for the front of my turbo and one for the back of my TB correct?

Wow! Memories there! Back in the day I had an 85 T that I did a very similar relo on the turbo to. I hacked up a set of KB headers that I got, used an 87 turbo and a turbo bell from Rick Head over at Turbonetics (when he was still there--yeah, that long ago). On the intake I sealed the rear inlet using a large core plug and JB Weld IIRC. I cut the top of the manifold off (where the power 6 emblem is) and welded a "box" on top so that I could use an 86-87 upper plenum and tb. Worked absolutely bitchen and got me into the low 12's. No, I have no pictures (and I still have not figured out why that is). I now have an 85 dirvetrain in a 1980 4 door Cutlass (John Kilgore's car). I have been away for a loooong time but I'm getting back into the turbo Buick game again. I'm going to see what I can work out for a downpipe (without the elbow) first and then go from there.

Just FYI, after the 85 T went down the road I got a Toyota Supra. Started modding those cars heavily and actually still have my brown 89 that has run a best of an 11.78. Made lots of custom and "one off" parts for them. My other red 89 Supra currently has a transplanted 1U (V8 from a Lexus LS400) in it. I picked up a 2004 GTP about 2 years ago that I have modded a pretty good amount and that made me want to get back into the Buick game.

It's good to be "home".

-Dean