Controlling oil in the pan

Joe 1320

Torqueus Maximus
What do you guys that launch hard do to control oil in the pan? I am running a stock pan and was wondering about things like keeping the oil from getting away from the pickup and up on the crank in the rear during a hard launch.

The stock oil pan has a baffel in it already to keep oil at the pick up. When I tore my engine down I found out some dumb A** cut it out. I guess he could't figure out how to tilt the oil pan past the oil pick up.:confused:
Frank

Originally posted by HEROTIME
The stock oil pan has a baffel in it already to keep oil at the pick up. When I tore my engine down I found out some dumb A** cut it out. I guess he could't figure out how to tilt the oil pan past the oil pick up.:confused:
Frank

Well, mine doesn't have a baffle either. I'll have to check the one that is one the motor currently in the car. :eek:

There is a template on www.gnttype.org to make a new baffle plate for the oil pans...Mainly it was for those that were using a stock NA 3.8L oil pan to upgrade to a baffled pan...It has all the dimensions and if you print it out at a 1:1 fullsize ratio, you can transfer it to a piece of sheetmetal and cut it out and weld it in...

Did it on mine and it works great!!!