Control Arm Question

77tech9

Extreme Huffer
I plan on upgrading the control arms or boxing them and installing body bushings / mounts.

Is there any comments on which company is better, or worse.

Also, does anyone know the performance increase if any for doing these on a street / strip car?

I use metco upper & lower control arms and on my car was a big improvement aspecialy on the street.I also use the hotchkis rear frame braces to tie everything togather and no front sway bar.my car leaves real hard at 3psi of boost on the street I cant wait to get to the track to test it now stock I was getting 1.64 60 foot times so I hope now to get 1.50 to 1.53 60 foot times.

I ran a mid 14 @ 97 mph last week, just can't get the boost or traction on the line with my vac brakes.

I was running High 14s @ 91 mph when my car was stock, hopefully I can get into the 13s without doing anything else.

I'll check out metcos, thanks.

I went with the BMR tubular lowers. They come w/ poly bushings, and have grease fittings.
My first pass w/ them resulted in a 1.67 60' time.
Tires are the most important part.

Originally posted by ross87t
I went with the BMR tubular lowers. They come w/ poly bushings, and have grease fittings.
My first pass w/ them resulted in a 1.67 60' time.
Tires are the most important part.

What kind of tires? ET Streets?

Tires are very important I have had good luck with both BFG's & nitto's 275-60R-15's on a 8in rim with 17psi of air hot.

Well I was thinking if i'm going to get drag tires i'll just get some slicks and change at track.

Why waste money on radials? But I do like the MT ET Streets around town :p

Originally posted by 77tech9
What kind of tires? ET Streets?

Yes.

I'd bet I could get low 1.6's out of my setup pretty easily.
BTW, I also have airbags in the rear springs.