Cons to temporary oil psi gauge at top of turbo

Whiteturbot87

I just need a temporary gauge to get hot idle psi, ive installed a vdo mechanical direct mount gauge at a t fitting connected to feed line at top if turbo. Is it ok to mount it there? Will its location affect readings? I get 11 psi hot idle and 65+ WOT, need to know if this is accurate depending on placement of gauge. Any thoughts?

I did that with an electrical sending unit years ago. Your best bet is mounting it where the factory oil sending unit is. I wouldn't trust the reading off such a small orifice.

That is true according to pascals law. However, I think that it best applies to a brake system in a car, not an oiling system where it is not a completely confined environment. There's too many variables for change.

That is true according to pascals law. However, I think that it best applies to a brake system in a car, not an oiling system where it is not a completely confined environment. There's too many variables for change.
This is correct. The oil clearance in the turbo will bleed off the volume faster than the pump can supply it with the factory feed line. When the oil viscosity drops with heat it will be even more pronounced.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk