Connecting rods

Are aluminum or titanium rods available for TA alum block ? I know there maybe some machine work to either rod or crank

Thanks

The cam bore is so low it would be hard to get a decent aluminum rod in there. Titanium rods are available but likely special order

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, Crower makes Ti rods, and yes they are pricey. I think last time I met them at Pinks in AZ they were like $600-$700... per rod. I have some weight measurements somewhere the difference between a 6.5" Crower billet vs a 6.5" Crower Ti, and it is pretty significant. I can measure them at home if I can't find the data. I have a spare of each laying around.

Yes, Crower makes Ti rods, and yes they are pricey. I think last time I met them at Pinks in AZ they were like $600-$700... per rod. I have some weight measurements somewhere the difference between a 6.5" Crower billet vs a 6.5" Crower Ti, and it is pretty significant. I can measure them at home if I can't find the data. I have a spare of each laying around.

You have a set of TI laying around ? Not just one ? The cam is low even in the TA performance alum block ???

Yes, my on center stage 2 stroker motor (not assembled) is using Crower Ti.

Ok you have idea what they go for ? They worth the money ? We are using for sustained boost but nit crazy rpm in a TA alum off center block You selling yours ? Yours work for this application ? What crank you using ? They all work ? Bee were thinking scat striker 6.375 I bekive the largest one they offer

Ok you have idea what they go for ? They worth the money ? We are using for sustained boost but nit crazy rpm in a TA alum off center block You selling yours ? Yours work for this application ? What crank you using ? They all work ? Bee were thinking scat striker 6.375 I bekive the largest one they offer
I would again call up Crower and have a billet crank drawn up. They will make whatever is physically possible. Once you figure out the connecting rods and pistons you can order the crank with the correct counterweigting and avoid having to alter the counterweighting much when balancing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a BMS raw forged crank for sale $450 plus shipping. Weighs about 65 lbs. Might think about having the rod journals machined to big block Chevy spec. (2.200") and that would open up a number of rod and bearing options.