Connect new dash to my XFI.

HEATSEEKER

Member!
Hello again!

I need some help whit the harness connection from my XFI dash to my FAST XFI in the car.

The guy i purchase the dash from say it was just plug and play but when i open the package it was approx 13 loose wires and sockels :redface: - and the + cable i understand that i need to connect but all the others??
What cables sends the data/info from the FAST XFI to my dash?
I can´t find any empty place to connect the dash to XFI... :confused:

Thanks! Jakob

Definitely not plug-n-play. Have you checked the site for any wiring diagrams?

Here is one for the XFI

XFI%20Pin%20Out%20Chart.gif

We may be more helpful if we knew what kind of dash you were putting in.....just sayin. :)

you need to get the CAN cable, and enable it in the software. This will allow you to read most of what the xfi sees. an oil and fuel pressure sender kit is available from caspers but in my experience the sensors are very unreliable, expensive, and warranty support is zero.

you need to get the CAN cable, and enable it in the software. This will allow you to read most of what the xfi sees. an oil and fuel pressure sender kit is available from caspers but in my experience the sensors are very unreliable, expensive, and warranty support is zero.

I have the CAN cable, i can´t se the "plug and play" he say you just need the - and + power cable then go... :redface:
I asked special before the buy if i neded to do some wiring, he say no, just the - and + cable(and CAN cable).

All those wires are for additional inputs and outputs from the dash

The dash gets the data using the can cable and that option needs to be enabled

So hookup your red and black
Plug In The can cable and termination plug
That's it

You may need to go into the menu on the dash and configure it for xfi and can

If you get transducers you can tie them into the dash inputs and configure them
Hth

I have already connect the FAST XFI in my car need help whit the dash, or what do you mean?

I thought that maybe those extra wires might go somewhere into the XFI wiring plug-ins. That's why I posted that pic.:smile:

All those wires are for additional inputs and outputs from the dash

The dash gets the data using the can cable and that option needs to be enabled

So hookup your red and black
Plug In The can cable and termination plug
That's it

You may need to go into the menu on the dash and configure it for xfi and can

If you get transducers you can tie them into the dash inputs and configure them
Hth

Ok, I notice some warnings, "you need to connect this our else..." but that is just if i connect allt the wires?

I cant find what cable that sends the signals from the box to the dash.
The cable that i screws in the back off the dash have no connection in the box to put it in?

Soo many new electrical/technical words for me, so hard to understand the installation guide... :frown:

Sorry, I have been in BG for over a week, now. Just do like Julio posted and connect the CAN connector along with the power and ground. If you have any questions, I will be back in the office tomorrow afternoon. I will check my emails then and try to address any other questions you might have.

Sorry, I have been in BG for over a week, now. Just do like Julio posted and connect the CAN connector along with the power and ground. If you have any questions, I will be back in the office tomorrow afternoon. I will check my emails then and try to address any other questions you might have.

Hello Cal!

I was afraid that something had happand whit you and Holly :(
Then it was just BG, great to here, hope it was a great week :)

That sounds great, I get afraid when i notice the harness and the long instructions papers :eek: :)

Then i will just connect the CAN cable and the -/+ cables.
I have for just now one more questione, where gets the dash the info from my car XFI?
I have one contact(bigger,black) on the backside off the dash but where will a put the smaler(black) contact on the end of the harness?

Thanks! Jakob

Dash gets info from CAN cable.

Aha, but the CAN cable is just for it self?! There are any available/free contact on the CAN cable that i can connect to the harness?

Soory for all stupid questions but it is so hard whit all tecnical terms.. :(

The CAN cable allows many things to be connected to it. Kinda of like a LAN cable on a computer. Any device that is CAN compatible can be daisy chained on the CAN. It has a plug and a termination plug. The terminatioon plug goes on one end, the other plug to the DASH. They also suggest not bending the wires to the CAN cable.. leave them in a straight run fashion and not put loops into it. As straight as you can. bends are going to happen on in-car wiring.