CONGRATS TO JULIO (RAZOR) He's in "GM HIGH-TECH/PERFORMANCE" magazine......

1badGT

FORD and GM owner....WTF!
The MARCH 2006 issue of the "GM HIGH-TECH PERFORMANCE" magazine on page 43.
They did the '10 Best Bolt-Ons' for the LS1, LT1, L98 and the LC2...(Which is of course the in-famous 86 - 87 TURBO/INTERCOOLED V-6).
Well Julio's (RAZOR) 'Progressive Alky-Control' kit was in the TOP 10 !!!
Awesome job man and my hats off to you and your awesome kit.
BTW, I went for a ride in Jeromy's 91 GMC Syclone after you installed his kit for him and all I can say is ...WoW, What a difference. :D :D :biggrin: :biggrin:

Frank

Julio, We always knew you were the MAN, now everybody else does. Are you ready for some RIBS? See you there, Ed

tim87tr said:
They don't mention his kit by name, but it is a pic of his kit. :p
Yes they do Mention ALKY-CONTROL, Ph. # and web-site in the magazine. :biggrin: :D

They also do on page 4 of you're link....... ;)

Are you advertising for Alky Frank? lol! :biggrin: j/k

Actually, love the kit in the Clone- we've been driving it lately... next week we're taking it to Old Town Kissimmee, & to my Mothers

My Wife absolutely loves this Clone too, she convinced me to keep it for now-the 03 Cobra doesn't have enough room for a baby stroller and Mommy crap

Mike

tomcatturbo said:
Are you advertising for Alky Frank? lol! :biggrin: j/k
Mike
Any free advertising for Julio is good............The only thing better than his ALKY-KIT is his customer service. :biggrin:
Just keep it up Julio.....All my friend that have gotten kits from you absolutely love them.

You guys are too much.. :)

Thanks for the support. No I dont advertise on GM Hi-Tech.. it was extremely nice of them to mention our product..

In these days typically any article written in a magazine is from a paying vendor. I applaude GM Hi-Tech for giving the grass-roots guys exposure.

:wink:

Well deserved exposure... the alky kit is by far the best mod I have ever made to my buick bar none. 25 psi with zero knock is a fantastic achievement.
Julio has done his homework and the magazine recognition is certainly in order.
TBF

GO JULIO!!!

Can we still be your friends?

Julios is truely one of the very few real nice guys out there still.
Tnank for all your help Julio.

TampaTurbo said:
GO JULIO!!!

Can we still be your friends?

Julios is truely one of the very few real nice guys out there still.
Tnank for all your help Julio.
i had to talk to him threw his manager now,but we set up a deal for a photo shoot with me shaking his hand :biggrin: yes Julio is a real nice guy and always their to help,very few like him left out their...

why does the article WEAR AND TEAR IS HEAVY and tuning this system is hard and alcohol can run out and go boom? Does this ever happen to anyone? I really want this kit. But I want to know all the risks.

If you pay attention to the signs...

Like anything in motorsports, if you turn up the wick and add things without watching the indications, of course you will either break it or do damage. A well thought out plan, good components and the proper scan tool will save you many hours of heartache in the end.

JB151

I have been running alchy for years with 2 differnt kits. Both have low alchy level lights so running out and going boom are really not a major issues. It would be operator error totally for something like this to happen. Razor's kit is great and has worked well for me and many more people here.

Turning up the boost will make more power. More power can/will cause the weakest link in the line to have potential problems. You get this with n/a motors, n2o or blowers. It's just the price you pay for your thrills.

Tampaturbo.. update your sig :eek:

JB, upping the boost on a motor increases wear when running it at higher boost. Alky or not. So the wear and tear is increased by extracting more power by ways of the increase in cylinder pressure. The maintenance also increases and your sense of awareness also increases when the motor is running big boost.

You want to make 500+HP out of a 6 cylinder.. yes the wear will increase.

Can stuff break or go bad. absolutely. The alky system can fail. As can an injector, fuel pump, coil pack, timing chain, valve spring, connecting rod, etc..all of which can destroy the motor. If your on top of the engine.. and your watching your engines performance.. typically you can catch when things start to go wrong most of the time. There is no bullet proof race motor or system associated. All you can do is try your best when you perform work or modifications. And the hardest is lifting the gas pedal in the heat of the moment when something comes up.

HTH

Tommy.. your too much :)