confrontation with Vette club on highway! VERY COOL!

Status
Not open for further replies.

PsychoBuickBoy

The Money Pit
I was comming home from Prescott with my wife this last Sunday and came up on a line of 8 vettes. The day was great and the rodes were fairly clear so I was moving at a pretty high rate of speed:) . Anyways, I spotted them a couple of hundred yards in front of me on a straight away. I quickly caught up to them and they were all in the left lane in a line running at about 90 MPH. They all looked fairly new except for a couple of early 90's vettes a few cars ahead of me. The vette directly in front of me was a Z06! I came right up on the Z06 and was ready to make a move to blast by these guys. I saw there was a sport utility truck in the front of the pack so I waited to see if he would move because we were nearing a long upgrade. All the vettes also had CB radio antennae's so I knew they were talking. Here is the good part -
We started on the upgrade still moving at 90 MPH then slowed to about 75 because of the truck in the lead. The truck finally moved to the right and I could hear the vettes kicking down gears and taking off! As soon as I was clear on the right I moved over and nailed it. I passed the Z06 and started on the others and then noticed the Z also jumped out and was behind me following! I stayed in it (about 21 psi on Alky, I'm moving!) and he slowly started to fade away behind me! I passed ALL the vettes and they were flying, I got out ahead and told my wife to flip the ScanMaster to MPH. I had already let off and it was reading 130!!!!!! OK, I know the vettes are talking about me now. So I slow down after comming up on some traffic. I get through the traffic and see no signs of any vettes behind me. About 20 minutes later as I was entering Phoenix I see the red Z06 comming up on me quick followed by a white LT1 looking vette. The lanes now open up to about 4 lanes and a carpool lane. I slow down to about 60 MPH and wait to see what they do. They split and come up on either side of me! The white vette is a convertable and has LT4 badging on it and a roll bar! I tell my wife that I may be in for it and I smile at the dudes driving. The Z06 drops a gear and starts us off. I nail it and am surprised that I not only stay with them I start pulling away again! I was in front with the Z06 falling behind and the white LT4 falling back even worse! I pulled about 4 or 5 lengths and then they gave up and started to rapidly disappear! By this time now my red light was lighting up on my SMC controller, LOW ALKY! I pretty much burned a full gallon of Alky within those runs! Luckily the vettes had enough abuse and didn't mess with me anymore because I wouldn't have been able to run, 21 psi on pump gas and no alky is a no no.

Anyways, I am completely and utterly sold on the SMC kit. Running wide open past 130 MPH, uphill with no knock on pump gas!!!! I would only knock a little on the downshifting. My wife looked a little pale after these runs but other then that she is a good sport, playing copilot and monitoring my scanmaster. ;) I didn't think I could hang with these guys at higher speeds because I know they have alot more top end then me. We were in a hurry to get home to catch game 7 of the World Series. I knew it was getting close to starting after I saw the Stealth Bomber flying around the city getting ready to do the Ball Park fly-by! Very cool night!

Great kill or should I say kills...

Too bad u didn't have the classic "I brake for Corvettes" bumper sticker!!!:D From what I've heard the SMC Alky kit is the ultimate upgrade for the TR, and I can't wait for the my kit to arrive... I ordered the dual nozzel setup and I was told with the right tune I can run 25lbs of boost on 93 octane pump gas with this dual nozzel setup:cool:

WowthatwassocoolInearlywetmypants!

I would have died from an adrenaline/endorphin overdose if I would have seen the vettes falling back like you say.

Keep puttin those vettes in the dirt.

Can we get a Corvette validation?

That is so sweet!

Don't get me wrong, I believe your story 100%. I was wondering if someone could post this on the corvette forum and see if any of them fess up to it. That would be so cool if one of them has already posted this. I guess I'll add the SMC kit to my list of future goodies!:eek:

-Greg

!!!!!!!!!!!

WE BRAKE FOR CORVETTES!!! i must admit though, i dont really understand that slogan. any wayz, SWEET ass kill, i must say, best kill ive read in a while.!! yeah i agree, find a vette guy to tell his side of the story. i wanna hear what they were sayin on their CB's! how much do alky kits cost? do i need a boost controler to run one?

i love it when you run into a buch of cars that are suppose to be fast cause then they get embarred infront of all their buddy's...:D

wish i coulda been there for that one...great killz

SMOKIN86T - The SMC kit is pretty much all self contained. How ever your handleing your boost now should be fine. The SMC kit does tap into your existing boost line which allows you to adjust the 'turn on' point of the alky. You need nothing else with the kit:).

I would also love to here the other side of the story, I was telling my wife that I was going to get slaughtered the second time they came up on me. I didn't think I would be able to hang at those speeds. I was running alot of boost but I think the tables probably would have turned around quick above ~120MPH. Not very smart either to take these bricks up to those speeds although I still felt pretty stable. These guys have to be around somewhere, it was pretty obviuos they were some kind of club. I would love to hear their side!

:) And that's with stock heads :D ,Over the Summer I came across a Zo6 ,but he didnt want to play:mad:,He bought a ZO6 so he must have known what the GN could do to a C5;) ;)

Wow, there is a pretty good debate over there! I have registered so I can go respond a little.

To any of the guys at the Vette forum -
I love Vettes and respect their power. I have been in stop light confrontations with LS1's including vettes and have walked them pretty easily. As you can see, my car is modified quite a bit more then stock. I ran the time in my signature about 6 months ago on the same boost level but with a different chip. The chip I have in now pulls like mad and I am sure I could trap at ~120 or so with race fuel. I was surprised with the outcome of my confrontation with the Z06 but that is how the event unfolded. I know he was trying the second time because he came after me and he took the jump. I have put my car on a dyno before at 20 psi and it produced 380HP and 480TQ at the wheels, that again was with my old chip. Thats an honest 450HP. I know I am producing more now with the tune I am running currently.

Originally posted by PsychoBuickBoy
Wow, there is a pretty good debate over there! I have registered so I can go respond a little.

To any of the guys at the Vette forum -
I love Vettes and respect their power. I have been in stop light confrontations with LS1's including vettes and have walked them pretty easily. As you can see, my car is modified quite a bit more then stock. I ran the time in my signature about 6 months ago on the same boost level but with a different chip. The chip I have in now pulls like mad and I am sure I could trap at ~120 or so with race fuel. I was surprised with the outcome of my confrontation with the Z06 but that is how the event unfolded. I know he was trying the second time because he came after me and he took the jump. I have put my car on a dyno before at 20 psi and it produced 380HP and 480TQ at the wheels, that again was with my old chip. Thats an honest 450HP. I know I am producing more now with the tune I am running currently.
How do you like the Daul Spal fans??
Also what Chip are you using ,not that it will help any ,since the tail lights all look the same ,smaller and smalller
:D :D
But I like to try different chips
Dennis

Asphault - The Dual Spals are GREAT. They brought my temps down ~5-10 degrees. Mine is a daily driver so I am often caught in traffic, the fans keep the GN nice and cool while tooling around in traffic.
The chip I am now running is the MaxEffort 16 position thumbwheel. This chip works awesome, gives you lots more tuning ability and removes the need for the O2 sensor since it runs in open loop mode all the time. This chip has a spool up mode where it basically runs lean down low and richens up on the top. My TE62 spools like a stocker, seriously:)

bull****

What a bull**** post. There is no way that a P.O.S. Grand National with the aerodynamics of a brick could even hope to touch a ZO6.

The guy wasn't even racing you cause he felt sorry you owned such a crappy 80's car. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

I'll smoke everyone of you little punks.

http://virtual.yosemite.cc.ca.us/Mitch/vettesig.jpg

hahahahahhahahahahaha

Oh NO! He's rolling eyes at me!

Hey, I call 'em like I see 'em.

"If it drives like ****, handles like ****, and looks like ****, it most be a Grand National!"

www.corvetteforum.com

In reply to Mitchel Davidson and his precious "Sasha" I say, "*Yawn* :eek: Heard it all before now get off your high horse and grow up..."

Re: hahahahahhahahahahaha

Originally posted by MitchelDavidson
Oh NO! He's rolling eyes at me!

Hey, I call 'em like I see 'em.

"If it drives like ****, handles like ****, and looks like ****, it most be a Grand National!"

www.corvetteforum.com

Ok try to wake up and join the rest of us in Realityville:rolleyes:

You Vette guys must be really insecure man. Heck, we just a had a huge meet in Vegas. Why didnt any of your "boys" show up with their 3 second Corvettes to show those Buicks who's really boss? I love how you have to race with someone elses car. I guess GM didnt make yours one of the fast ones?
They say a car is an extension of ones personality, but in your case it must be an extension for genetical shortness :D
The Buicks must really be slow if everyone and their brother comes on here looking to brag about their blah blah car.
I think I can speak for most of the guys on here; Until you show up with your own car at one of our events and put a decent number up on the board, we will just chalk you up as another troll :rolleyes:
yes, I am rolling the eyes at you as your continual posts have the making of a 15 year old.

Status
Not open for further replies.