Condensation on the INSIDE of the windows

tscruggs

1KWIKGN
Two days ago, the temperature began to drop here in south mississippi. My car is covered with condensation on the inside....side windows and windshield are soaking wet....my wife suggested i squeegee it off ....what caused that all of a sudden???? how do i fix it???? the whole inside of the car is soaked

AC box seal @ the cowl leaking.
Heater core leaking.
AC drain plugged up.
T-tops?

Is the heater on? Does it smell sweet? If so, that's antifreeze and the heater core likely needs replacing.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

o...ok that makes sense....we have had lots of rain lately and the "new" weatherstripping leaks at the front where the pillar post gasket meets the t-top gasket....havent quite figured out how to fix that yet

High humidity and regular temps and the a change to low temps will cause this and it's normal. Even if you insulate the entire vehicle it will still happen. Put it inside and heat it and you won't have an issue.;) Even had my uniforms develop mold on them when I was stationed in Anniston Alabama.:mad: Had to wash and dry everything once a week or I had mold mold in my locker.:eek:

High humidity and regular temps and the a change to low temps will cause this and it's normal. Even if you insulate the entire vehicle it will still happen. Put it inside and heat it and you won't have an issue.;) Even had my uniforms develop mold on them when I was stationed in Anniston Alabama.:mad: Had to wash and dry everything once a week or I had mold mold in my locker.:eek:

Nope...If there is not a source for the moisture, [such as in this case, being wet carpet, etc], the car should not become wet.

thanks yall.....i am still working on the best way to stop the leak....i will post pics later

Make sure that the AC compressor is coming on when the system is in defrost mode. Last winter the AC compressor went out on my truck and it would fog up in a heartbeat. Humidity gets in you have to have the AC compressor to dehumidify the air.

I had a parts car that I got in Febuary of 1 year had it inside that whole rest of the year and never finally got around to stripping it until August of another year a full 18 months inside never ever leaving the building and when I yanked that carpet out it was still damp which blew my mind.

Another thing most guys don't realize is the glue on the windows wasn't intended to last forever and most times by now it is usually leaking somewhere. I have cut tons of glass out with braided wire and you guys would be surprised how many times there is 6"-12" of glass no longer glued. I suggest getting the carpet out and use a garden hose and find your leak or sit somebody inside the car and take it to the car wash. I have taken probably 70 plus g body heater boxes out and they usually hold up ok with the glue from what I can tell

My last car got moisture in via the firewall grommets during drives in the rain.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Water/condensation is getting in the car.

I’ve noticed in the winter if i leave a window slightly open in any car there will be condensation inside the windows the next morning.

You have a breach somewhere.

D

These cars were made to be able to get fresh air from the outside and allow it to flow into the car. It's also why there is a vent in the door jam.
Biggest culprit I always see is either the window having a bad seal or the heater box being soo clogged with leaves and dirt. Take off the mesh piece on the Passangerside below the windshield. Inside there is a rubber flap that usually will be clogged up. If it rains this area becomes a basin for water to sit. If it rains enough the water will fill up in here and over flow into your floor pans. Once that carpet gets wet you will have fogged up windows inside the car. Even if the water does not over flow the moisture in this little box is enough to do the windows too. It's a G body thing which we see a lot of here in the rust belt called the East Coast.

Besides rust issues you might start to get electrical gremlins.. If you see condensation on the interior windows, you better believe it is in the dash the, the gauges, radio, etc.
I bought a very straight 85 regal for a race car the heater seal was leaking so bad it had moss on the carpet (yes the same moss found on rocks by streams) and I had to use a sawzall to remove the seats.
Nice holes in the floor too.

Thank y'all! Been in the hospital, coughing blood....scheduling surgery friday....will update when possible