Computer gurus

O SO LO

Ok, I've got alot of GN info on a memory stick and I have a folder I call engine electrical- when I try to open it- it asks which program I want to open it with (I must have gotten a virus or something in it) and the folder icon at the front of the title is different than the others under my engine file (if that makes any since)

If any one has a idea how I can get this info back it would be much appreciated!!! PM me or shoot me a email... TIA

Are you having trouble opening the folder or opening a document in the folder? If it's a document, is it a Word document, does it end with .doc? If so, you should open with MS Word.

Exactly. Will the folder not open or files in the folder? Can you upload it here? Can you email it to me? I'd be happy to check it out for you? If it's a folder, you'll need to zip it first.

Here is the folder- I can't get it to open... It probably has approx. 30 Word documents in it (wild guess) I may have put a word document in it and didn't have the .doc behind one of them and that may have messed it up. (7-zip link was under construction) TIA :confused: If some of you would like I could probably send you my engine file and then look thru the list for engine electrical file... just a thought.

View attachment Engine electrical.zip

Are you having trouble opening the folder or opening a document in the folder? If it's a document, is it a Word document, does it end with .doc? If so, you should open with MS Word.

It contains several Word documents and possibly some related links.
I tried going thru the link tha Znix sent and did the eventvwr to find one Winlogon, but the text wasn't there (after all several document) FYI- this memory stick contains over 3000 files last time I looked!!

Hmm. This seems to be a more complicated recovery. Never done one on a memory stick. Ill give it some thought tonight, and hopefully shoot you a response tomorrow afternoon.