Compressor cover compatibilites???

FTC

Sup guys, I currently have a billet 5857 journal bearing turbo with a ported s cover, and I'm currently in the process of purchasing a non billet 5857 dbb water cooled turbo which I think translates to a dbb te44 part number is ptb 300-5857. With an E cover. Now I'm guessing that the s cover from my current turbo wont be compatible with the old school 5857 or will it? Ideally would be great if i could just swap compressor covers but im sure its not gonna be that easy. So I wanted to know if there is a ported s cover for the older 5857 so I can keep my 4" intake plumbing all the same size. Any insight? Thanks everyone.

Link to the turbo in question http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/parts-sale/353195-pte-5857-dbb-turbo-chip-injectors.html
Anyone confirm if this is a billet 5857 or a old school 5857 thanks

You are correct, the SP cover you have on your Billet 5857 is not compatible with the cast compressor wheel 300-5857 turbo. The 300-5857 was never offered with a S or SP cover.
Hope this helps.

Patrick

The backing plate would no be compatible requiring tear down and replacement even if you could get the s cover.

Ok thanks guys for the clear up it is much appreciated. Looks like I'll just have to go with a 4"-3" reducer on the turbo inlet