Compression ratio?

skylarkharley

Just curious as to what compression ratio yall t typers are running? Stock? Modified? How much boost with each? Anyone experiment with compound turbos on the t-types?
Reason I ask is I'm running 8.3:1 in my buick 350 and am playing with the Idea of twins with a blow through carb. Making the hardware isn't the issue, just interested to see what size turbos would work.

Compression ratio's, static, from 7.75 to 9.5 on average. Stock is 8.0:1. Boost will run from 12#s to 35#s. Fueling and timing are critical. You will need good control of both. The engine internals will dictate the amount of boost you can safely push thru.
If you spend some time reading and researching on this site, you will become familiar w/the requirements of boosting an engine.
If you decide to go forward, then you can ask questions as you proceed. There's a great deal of understanding that must go along w/boosting so as not to experience a melt down and watch all the hard work and money spent, go to the scrap yard.
You can check out the "turbo v8 conversions" farther down in the tech area for some help and ideas.

Just curious as to what compression ratio yall t typers are running? Stock? Modified? How much boost with each?
I have run high and low compression motors,the amount of boost is kinda a loaded question but I will say I have been able to run really high boost on a high compression motor.fuel/ timing/air temp charge,ve all have a role.twins on a 350 sounds fun,turbos should be picked by the power you want and motor should be built to handle the goal.