complete transmissions?

b231v6

Is there a transmission buisness that sells whole complete GN trannies. I would like to have a PTS extreme street/stip tranny,but it's my understanding Bruce dose'nt have them in stock.I.E. you have to remove your tranny-ship to Bruce-he'll rebuild and then ship back. The legistics don't work out for me to do it that way. Or am I barking up a tree here.:confused:

How about buying a BRF from some of the guys on the board & have them ship it direct to the trans builder?

That keeps you up & running until you get it back.

HTH :)

That may be the way I'm going to have go. But,I don't want to store a transmission in the garage,and I would hate to junk it.
Thanks for your help.

Bruce does have core's in stock, but does not shelf built units. He prefers to build your trans and someone elses for you.

When I talked to Bruce on the phone I was in agreement with having my own tranny built. Thinking it would be best to have the numbers on the tranny match the car. Thinking now that my engine numbers don't match my vin anymore., so the tranny won't either. Also time retrictions would be a non factor. So the search continues.

Originally posted by Two Lane
HOTTOGO,

Can the case be anodized as an option?

TIA!!

:) :)
Don't think he's done that yet but I don't think anybody's ever asked that yet either, but I would think that could be done, just for you... LOL! :D

"b231v6" What ya mean? "So the search continues."

The search continues--- to find a completely built(hopefully as bullit proof as possible)delivered to my door.b:)

If he'll build a core for me, then My search should be complete.:) Then I can have the new tranny installed, old tranny removed and sent back to bruce for the core charge. Seems I'll need to contact Bruce after the move to discuss it with him.

Thanks HOTTOGO for all the help.:)

Hey b231v6 another option is to give Lonnie Diers a call at 513-226-1315 as I know he has cores and goes to Chicago pretty often so you guys could swap out when he is up your way.

Two Lane, I know Lonnie can offer you a trans with a powdercoated case so you might want to get ahold of him also.

Hope this helps guys, Kip

I can powder coat a trans case just about any color and I have exchange BRF yellow/ blue or pink tag trannys ready to go.

Originally posted by KIDDBOOST
what does the Yellow/blue, pink color signify?

Model year for the guy who is real picky. Most do not care as long as it is a BRF.

You might think of talking to Jimmy's Transmissons out of Mundelein, IL. He rebuilt my trans for me a few years back, and I have nothing but praise for the job he did! I have not had a single problem with the trans since the reuild, and it shifts like a beast! Kind of hurts the head when you have a hangover though!
His info is on the vendors page at GNTtype.org. Here's his phone number: 847-949-7507.
I don't know what he would say about anodizing. In my opinion there has got to be a plating shop somewhere in the area of his shop that could anodize the disasembled unit. Anodizing would not be a problem in my opinion since the case is all alluminum.
Hope this helps. It would save you shipping issues! He's pretty close to Casper's so you could kill two birds with on stone if you needed anything from John!