Complete Frame Up Restoration on an 87 GN. Hundreds of pictures

TylerZ06

GET LOW
Hi guys, I didn't really know this forum existed but I was tipped off by turbonut85 in a wanted thread.

Anyway, I'm in the home stretch of a complete frame up restoration (actually 2 frames... read the blog). I post updates as I get them and the restoration company takes pictures of everything.

I've been told it's one of the most complete and documented restorations out there on a GN. I have a binder full of reports that the company gives me that details every hour spent by the technicians and every part used.

Read up and tell me what you think :)

Tyler's Car Blog

If you want to start from the beginning you have to scroll all the way down.

Welcome Tyler. If Keith helped you you're a very lucky guy. Add some pics over here while you're at it as a teaser.

Hi guys, I didn't really know this forum existed but I was tipped off by turbonut85 in a wanted thread.

Anyway, I'm in the home stretch of a complete frame up restoration (actually 2 frames... read the blog). I post updates as I get them and the restoration company takes pictures of everything.

I've been told it's one of the most complete and documented restorations out there on a GN. I have a binder full of reports that the company gives me that details every hour spent by the technicians and every part used.

Read up and tell me what you think :)

Tyler's Car Blog

If you want to start from the beginning you have to scroll all the way down.

I think I was the one that told you it was one of the most documented restorations out there that I have seen on line.
turbonut85 is very documented as well.

I think I was the one that told you it was one of the most documented restorations out there that I have seen on line.
turbonut85 is very documented as well.

Yup :smile:

I'm no stranger to the shopping cart at Gbodyparts :biggrin:

Those pics bring back SOOOO many memories!!!! Looks awesome! Have the resto shop take some laquer thinner to the white stripes in the bumper rub strips...it'll come right off and won't damage the strip either...worked great on mine!! Make sure they take it off the bumper first though!!!:eek: If I could find the time, I could crash the server here by posting all the pics I took of mine! :eek: Good luck and try to post some pics here as well!!!;) ---Keith

Tons of new pictures up of my GN, it's starting to look like a car!!

Every update and explanation is on the blog (First post) but here is the latest set of pics...

GN Feb Update

I expected to see you hanging from a wire getting painted ;) Look great Tyler.
I really like how you put the studs in The GNX vents.

I expected to see you hanging from a wire getting painted ;) Look great Tyler.
I really like how you put the studs in The GNX vents.

Nope! I actually haven't seen the car since around Christmas. But you can see TJ, who you've talked to a few times in the hood reflection.

And the studs were a suprise to me, I guess double-stick tape wasn't up to their standards :)

wow

where abouts are you in Wisconsin? I'm in Luxemburg, about 20 mins from Green Bay. I'm in the same project right now, it's nice to see some progress pics like yours. I thought I was going overboard w/ pics, I'll have to get a thread started one of these days.

NICE work man, best luck w/ the finishing work....