Comp Cams 212/212 hydraulic roller?

d0n_3d

Boost is good.
I'm switching over to a roller cam this year and I noticed Comp has that 212/212 hydraulic roller with a 110 lobe sep. Does anyone know if this is a billet or the new "ductile" style cam? The price is like $360 something just for the cam, some thought it might be billet but I'm not sure. Anyone use this cam?

Comp Roller

Ductile. I have a 218-212 (112 lobe separation) Brand new Comp roller for sale if you are interested. $250 for the cam only + shipping. I have had great success with these cams. I have run the 206 and 212. You can email me at Clendmik@aol.com Thanks Michael

Thanks for the reply. I'm not trying to go ridiculous on the cam selection...this is a daily driver in good weather. I saw a recent thread about the 206/206 but not sure how well that would fair with aluminum heads and a 70 GTQ (eventually my future turbo). Do the ductiles require break-in or not? I didn't think they did. Excuse my ignorance about this stuff, my first time going around with major engine mods!

No break-in time. I soaked the lifters for a good while. I am running roller rockers and I did have to re-adjust after awhile. Works great though.

Don, I'm going with the 206/210 roller from Full Throttle for my roller conversion. My T will be daily driver material as well, so it should work out fine. Specs out at 206/210 .516/.516 110 l/s. I'm also going with Harland Sharp 1.6 rockers, so that will help a bit. Combining that with nicely ported irons, fmic, and a GT6152S....should make for an interesting DD....lol.

Comp Cam 218 / 212

I second the 218 / 212 roller cam

I have this in my 86 GN and it is also street driven

I have the older GN1's, T&D 1.55 Roller rockers, 3600 Stall non L/U, and a 71 GTQ

Best of Luck

Ray

lift

Slo86GN said:
Don, I'm going with the 206/210 roller from Full Throttle for my roller conversion. My T will be daily driver material as well, so it should work out fine. Specs out at 206/210 .516/.516 110 l/s. I'm also going with Harland Sharp 1.6 rockers, so that will help a bit. Combining that with nicely ported irons, fmic, and a GT6152S....should make for an interesting DD....lol.

Is that lift spec for 1.55 ratio or the 1.6?

d0n_3d said:
I'm switching over to a roller cam this year and I noticed Comp has that 212/212 hydraulic roller with a 110 lobe sep. Does anyone know if this is a billet or the new "ductile" style cam? The price is like $360 something just for the cam, some thought it might be billet but I'm not sure. Anyone use this cam?
I have the billet 212/212. Running 10.0h's with it and have more left.

I got one in my motor that is currently short pushrods but I have one none the less. I picked it up after a guy made some dyno runs on it and decided to go to a 218/218. If you want it I'd do a partial trade for Turboclam's as I have a 4.1 and it'll absorb a bigger cam with no problem. Basically you by his then trade me for mine plus a big of cash because mine's slightly used.