comments on poly motor mounts?

turbobuick1

I'm interested in anyone's experience with polyurethane motor mounts, especially in terms of vibration transfered to frame and body interior, and
their use on more mildly modified turbo buicks.

I recently added the HRpartsnstuff driver's side only. I too was a little hesistant from reading the vibration stories others had. With just doing the drivers side and adding an OEM on the passengar side I have not noticed a difference. :cool:

I say go for it!

Dannyo

I have both HpartsNstuff motor mounts and transmission mount on my car. No noticable difference from stock ones here. I think the mounts have been upgraded to address the vibration issue of the past. Best you can buy. Zero complaints, and No ugly hold down strap. Do it once.

HRpartsNstuff "Your WWW performance parts supplier"

I have both HpartsNstuff motor mounts and transmission mount on my car. No noticable difference from stock ones here. I think the mounts have been upgraded to address the vibration issue of the past. Best you can buy. Zero complaints, and No ugly hold down strap. Do it once.

HRpartsNstuff "Your WWW performance parts supplier"

I think I may have had the earlier models because I replaced both engine mounts with the poly ones and the vibration definitely transferred into the cabin. I like it though being able to feel the motor, and being able to see if you have a misfire. :D

Just installed the HR poly mounts on both sides. There are 2 versions. I used the softer ones. They are great! They allow the motor to be adjusted in either direction for better DP clearance. Vibration is very close to stock. You won't regret it.

Is it better to buy both or just do the driver side?

I think it's best to buy all three. (both motors and the tranny) Could be from one of the old racers (a chivy guy:tongue: ) that told me adding just one could put more stress on the others. Anyway, I have all three. If I open the hood and "brake torque" the engine it doesn't move in relation to the body. Also, mine say soft on them and I don't think there is any more vibration than the stock mounts. Tell you the truth I was a little dissapointed. I was kinda hoping the poly mounts would help with the ladys!:biggrin: (Now I'm married so there is only one lady) Anyway, I'm very satisfied with mine and I don't have to worry about breaking a accessory bracket cause' of a torque strap. Yes, it happens. HTH james

I had to use both with ATR header clearence issues (crossover melting the control arm bushing). I am using the older version and it vibrates pretty good but only between 65-75. Had the front-end aligned and tires balanced at the dealer thinking thats what it was, but, its the mounts. I'd like a trade-in refund for the new style, sounds like the problem has been sorted out.
Mike
86 GN

I had to use both with ATR header clearence issues (crossover melting the control arm bushing). I am using the older version and it vibrates pretty good but only between 65-75. Had the front-end aligned and tires balanced at the dealer thinking thats what it was, but, its the mounts. I'd like a trade-in refund for the new style, sounds like the problem has been sorted out.
Mike
86 GN

Now that I go back and think of it, this is the exact reason I went with mine. ATR Headers, and clearance issues.

love em

the h&r's work great. No breaking stuff in the car when motor torques up. Also did energy poly body bushings and must say it is not bad at all. My 87 buick rides better than my 99 granprix.

I put them on both side. You feel everything, all vibrations, etc...

I decided to keep them on. They do keep the motor 'rock solid' in place. I have not noticed any increase in knock, or false knock. But this is only my experience.

Enjoy !

BTW, I bought these several years ago, and from the posts above, the ones I have may be the 'old' design. Nevertheless, they work great.

I'd also like to say that with my HR mounts, and energy poly body mounts, that I have NO clearance issues with my downpipe and NO problems with it hitting anything. I wonder how many "clearance" problems are just a product of worn out mounts and bushings.

I have both sides on my car and damn glad! no clearance issues and with over 550hp at the rear wheels they are a hell alot better than a tie down strap hooked to the alternator! and vibration? no more than i would get with stock but of course cars that are heavily modified etc. will get vibration anyway. as a second note my knock sensor stays in the green so i know im not vibrating badly.

Way back when these things came out, I believe the main thing they did was prevent false knock readings. That is a big plus IMHO

no problems with vibrations here.
i got the first few that he made and they are taller than todays type as it makes the motor sit higher ansd pokes a hole in the hood mat that many on this board now are having a problem. with but his new ones fixed this problem so i would buy them and never have to worry about them braking again very good piece.