Coming soon-braided turbo oil drain kits

TR Custom Parts

Mark Hueffman - Owner
Working on a braided kit using real an fittings and turbo flange with an AN male connector. Will post pics when ready.

Can you pick up the pace with that please :)

Putting my engine back in within the next few weeks and would like to replace my stock, leaky drain.

Jim

Not having fun so far! Playing the fitting game right now. Even toying with the idea of maybe using some push loc hose and fittings to do this since clearance is so tight. I DO have some high $$$ fittings that might do the trick but doubt if my customers will want to pay the price that goes with it. Will keep you posted as my GN is down because of this.:frown: Waiting for the brown truck to show up early next week.

Prototype that I ended up using on my GN, sorry for the mismatched colors but you can't see once installed anyway! Still a bitch to install in the car but it can be done. I cheated a bit since I had my turbo off to install new headers. Changed plans a few times on this and this is my final solution. Doubt if anyone will buy though as one of the fittings go for $33 my cost!!

Attachments

• turbodrain1.JPG
    turbodrain1.JPG
    64.1 KB · Views: 522
  • turbodrain2.JPG
    turbodrain2.JPG
    74.6 KB · Views: 550
Lemme know if you need another GN for beta testing!!!:biggrin:

If it were visible once installed it would look cool with the braided oil cooler lines I got from you, plus my braided turbo oil feed line & fuel gauge line...

Please note that I forgot to turn the 2nd picture! The left of the picture is actually the bottom.:smile:

I dont know the exact size of the fittings, the brass ones, but push-loc hose would work also with the barbed fittings. It would hold up to the heat also. I personally like the braided though. If function is all your looking for then go with the push-loc hose and barbed brass fittings..would be alot cheaper.
JMO

Deren

I came up with mine due to people complaining about the hose kinking on the one that you have pictured. Just another way of doing it. Installing this while the motor is IN the car is not fun with ANY type of drain. I just ended up removing everything in the way except the fuel line. Amazing how much stuff is crammed into this little area.

I made one with push lok and a 45, but I had to install a round clamp where it bends to keep its shape so it wouldn't kink.

Those AN fittings cost a bit , i did a braided line for a friend to use the BB precision turbo and clear the Sheild , i almost felt like a jerk telling him the whole thing cost $60 if i remeber correctly . take a look at this site ( search AN ) if your looking for some odd fittings the local speed shops may not have i could have done that line cheaper if i found this first 1980-Up Power Steering Adaptors