Collector Car Insurance?

blackshoebox

Staff member
Which ones have you used? Is there an age limit for the driver of the car?(I am 22, and it appears most require the driver of the car to be 25, but I have found a few that don't)

Also, has anyone had a claim against the insurance and been paid with little or no hassle??

I am considering getting this insurance since my buick is no longer my daily driver, and I want to save on my insurance cost.

Any other suggestions and commets are appreciated.

TIA,
Alex

Most collectors insurance wont allow you b/c youre 22... also even if you were over 22 if theres any drivers in your house under 25 youd be screwed too. (for some companies).

Also realize you are ONLY allowed to drive to shows and car meets. Drag racing is a HUGE no no, (as with all insurance), and you cant ever just take it to work or to the store.,...

some are strict some arent, hopefully somebody can shed some more light on this...

AS R leader said..

I did put a claim in with HEAGERTY classic car insurance on my GTO. They paid no problemo.

If the estimate is over a certian amount like $3k they would need to send an adjuster.

Since my GTO accident was self inflicted by me clipping the garage door side OUCH... it was $800 fix.. They sent the $$ out very fast.