cold air kit? buickgn.com

Turboboy

I have an 87 gn and am looking 4 a cold air kit and maf pipe. all the other pipes are stock under the hood. I cant decide between the powdercoated silver or the polished alluminum? any one have any comments on them or photos? thanks

I dont have pic but polished needs more hand buff maintenence than powder coat but, polish is SHINY!!!

Hi,
I like powdercoated black for the up pipe, and charcoal gray for the turbo shield. I'm not too much into chrome. It depends on your personal tastes. Have fun with your designs!

I have chrome on 1 car and powdercoat on the other.
I like the powder coating better.
Uppipe, shield, mafpipe, & CAI pipe all powdercoated gray.

I haven't really started on mine under the hood yet, but plan on doing that shortly, and I am going with very little polished aluminum and / or chrome.
Planning on mostly Jet-Hot of one of the Jet-Hot alternatives and powdercoating gray or silver. I am also planning on going semi-gloss black powdercoat on some stuff as compared to gloss black. HTH & good luck on planning yours out.

I currently run Buickgns (Marks) 4" MAF pipe and Original Big Mouth CA kit on my car. I purchased the plain aluminum version and painted them myself. I used the Silver wheel paint from Duplicolor and then clear coated them with the Clear spray by the same company. Here's a couple of pics of my old setup. Please nevermind the messy garage... :redface:

DSC00882.jpg

DSC00885.jpg

DSC00895.jpg

DSC00889.jpg

Guess I gotta work on the surrounding stuff now. Like new alternator, new brake booster, etc, etc.
Over the years, I've run chrome and painted/powder coated piping. To me, the painted and powder coated have always been easier to clean and maintain.
Just my O2s worth.

Patrick