Coil Pack !

I'm not gonna get into a battle of wits with an unarmed man.....What's your name anyways?

cesar, go up to speedtek and talk to JOSH, tell him you know nick and order an accel coil.. but why do you think you need a new coilpack?

guys, dont knock on lee, you do know who he is right? he is a great guy, last christmas he sent me a spare tranny dipstick and tube he had lying around out of the goodness of his heart, he is not trying to make a fast buck off anyone.

thanks again lee.

I'm not in this battle but I do have an opinion lol. I agree with Blackhawk that the coils are probably outdated and there are better, cheaper coils available. I also agree with several others that want to keep the car original and that would make $100 for a hotair coil and module a great deal. Personally, I would pay double that if I didn't already have extras. Even though my car is pretty far from stock, I could have it stock appearing again in a day which is important to me.

Is there a true high performance coil? I tried a couple 87 coils and had the same problems. After adding all my mods the ignition would cut out at 16psi. I closed the gaps down to .028 and could take it to 19psi before cutting out. I thought about getting the MSD dis4 made for our cars but they seem unreliable.

Ya'll sound like a bunch of little girls, get over yourselves and stop bickering.

Hey Cool 84

Originally posted by cool 84
I'm not in this battle but I do have an opinion lol. I agree with Blackhawk that the coils are probably outdated and there are better, cheaper coils available. I also agree with several others that want to keep the car original and that would make $100 for a hotair coil and module a great deal. Personally, I would pay double that if I didn't already have extras. Even though my car is pretty far from stock, I could have it stock appearing again in a day which is important to me.

Is there a true high performance coil? I tried a couple 87 coils and had the same problems. After adding all my mods the ignition would cut out at 16psi. I closed the gaps down to .028 and could take it to 19psi before cutting out. I thought about getting the MSD dis4 made for our cars but they seem unreliable.

Hey cool 84, does your father want to sell me that 20 bolt riviera oil pan?
I have not heard from you in a couple weeks.

Definately. My e-mail is screwed up, I was selling parts to 3 different people and I haven't heard a thing from anyone lately. My only day off that I can ship something is Monday so I'll try and get it shipped tomorrow. I'll e-mail you in a couple minutes, hopefully it will work.

Originally posted by cesarp
car runs perfect now. It was the coil pack.
Woohooo! Glad to hear it Cesar. To think, this thread should have ended after the first couple reply posts. Ding dong the thread is dead! the thread is dead!............... :rolleyes: :p