coil module connector

Jackie grabos

i have a 87 gn. I bought a new coil module connector from oriely auto. got home and was trying to connect to wiring harness. the connector seems to fit but there is a screw that will not go into coil module. looked and my new coil module has a smooth brass fitting and old one is threaded. is there a certain coil module that has to be purchased to fit correctly? does the ac delco have the threaded fitting? the reason I was changing it is because when coil pack removed top of module looks like laffy taffy. im assuming this heat related and needs to be changed. thanks

Yes, the ICM should have a threaded insert for the connector retaining screw.

RemoveBeforeFlight

thanks will return it. I guess my best bet would be to order ac delco from highway stars or check dealer? im guessing all the ones from autozone etc will be this way. also, is ignition coil from oreilly ok to use or would you recommend just ordering new coil also. thanks

I'm a fan of AC Delco parts, more so when it comes to the ignition system. I don't believe that a dealer will have the ICM & coil pack for our cars. If nearby can't hurt to check. Highway Stars is a good place to purchase from.

RemoveBeforeFlight