Code 41, cam sensor cap testing question

tlap

Hear is the deal,
Yesteday I pressure washed the engine compartment due to a minor oil leak I thought was comming from the back of the intake manifold area, then I used an electric leaf blower to blow the water off as well as I could, let it sit all day with the hood open to dry. Today I removed the coil assy to look for the oil leak then replaced the coil and ensurred that all the plug wires were connected correctly. Next I performed the IAC reset procedure, set idle, then IAC voltage to .42-.44. I then took it for a drive for about 30 minutes. About 20 min. into the drive I heard what sounded like a minor back fire. When I got home I saw that the check engine light was on. It is a code 41.
Does it sound like the cam sensor may have been damp? and maybe damaged it?? Is there any way to test it to know?
Or could it be something els?
Thanks

A few more details I should have added in the first place, It is an '86 GN. Miles are low, 42000.
The only mods are a Pypes exhaust, ATR ram air and intercooler fan shroud kit.
I do not have a Scanmaster or gauges yet.
Thanks for the link TurboTdr3.8. I will do me troube shooting with that information today.

In these instructions, block 2, where it says "ignition off, disconnect ECM "A-B" connector and car sensor harness".
1: Is the car sensor harness the connector at the cam sensor??

Then under box 2, it says to "check CKT 630 for open or shorts".
2: Is CKT 630 the cam signal connector?? OK, after going to Vortexbuick, I see that CKT630 is comming from the Ign. module "J" to ECM "A11" cam signal. This connection all the way through is good.
According to all the tests, It now is looking like the cam sensor is truley bad. Which brings me back to my original question, is there a way to test the cap its self?

Try starting the car and then disconnect the cam sensor.
Should run fairly normal.If not, you probably do have a cam sensor problem.
Reconnect before starting again.

Thanks turb, Initially it did start and run with the code 41, but after a couple starts and stops it got to the point that it would not start at all.
It does seem like all is pointing to the cam sensor cap. But it would be nice to know if there are any resistance checks that would pin point the issue to the cap its self.

Swap the cap out with a known good one. Gotta be someone around your area that has one. 2 phillips screws and a connector. At least remove it and look for moisture issues under it.

For those that may be interested. I finally got the code 41 situation fixed, with the very knowledgable help of John at Caspers.
It turned out to be the ignition control module. Even though it would consistantly throw a code 41, it was never the actual crank sensor. John had me look at the complete path too and from the crank sensor. Which includes the Ignition control module, and all the connections in between.
Thanks John, you could have just sold me a new cap, but insted you wanted me to get to the actual root of the problem. I apreciate your help.
Tony