Cobra got me

Ross L

A friend has a 03 cobra, runs nice, looks nice. He recently went 12.96 @ 111 bone stock(paper filter and all).He just added a open K&n supposed to be worth ~20-25 hp. Well we ran twice,both times from a 30 mph roll. First time I jumped out on him and held it until he missed third. I won(if you call it that) by ~3 lengths. He wanted to run again the next morning so I turned up the boost 2 psi( ~19 psi) and added 1lb fp(no knock, o2~760). Again we started from a 30 mph roll(me spooled the best I can). Everything was good until I lost traction in second and he got a car length on me. We ran up until ~ 115 and thats how it ended. Me about a car length back. Tomorrow I will order comp DR's!!!
Ross L

nice. they seem to be ok cars. why are you only running 19 lbs with alky? get some DRs or boost or both! with more boost (23-25) i bet once you hooked you woulda made up for that car length he put on you, and then some.

well

from here out my car is going on a steady diet of race gas and 108 RA chip. Add in 22-23 psi and drag radials shoud make for a tough combo. I'm running a small jet on the alchy and getting a little knock on the 2-3 shift and ~ .3 in third. The race gas lit up 0.0 all through the run. I like seeing that! Or mabe I'll step up to the dual nozzle upgrade? :D

If I were you...

I would get an "alcohol" chip made for your combo...that 108 chip will be way too much timing (around 28 degrees) for even alcohol injection...but that 93 chip will be too wimpy (about 18-20 degrees)...

i run an extender chip which has 23 degrees timing in first gear and 21 through the rest...i run dual nozzles and i have my boost at 25 psi with no knock on a TE-44 turbo...not even a Cobra can keep up with that...traction is a must if you plan on racing from a stop all the time...

BUT an 03' Cobra is no slouch either...give credit where credit is due...

o2 of 760 is a tad low dont u guys think? Also i think the knock that is read when you shift is false knock? What do u guys think?

I have SMC alcohol, 93 chip, and 21 psi with 94 octane. Been running that for over a year and never had any probs. You should be safe but I dunno how your gaskets are. From what everyone here has said, if you follow. HAVE FUN! beating a super mustang.

Nick

ROSS

IM TELLING YOU RUN LOWER TIMING AND 25POUNDS OF BOOST AND HAVE IT TUNED IN AND ILL BET$$ YOULL WHOOP HIM WITH EASE EVEN FROM A ROLL

BUT PUT SOME DRs and get him from a stop and its over

trust me its in the chip run low timing and high boost like i do and you will thank me

Johnny

just try it

old combo 12.4@113
60ft-1.9
5500ft

well me i use 19.5 degrees timming But we only have 91octane if that now as for sea leval cars im sure he ROSS can run that 93 octane chip and run good

ive always loved low timing and high boost becuase i have yet to blow a head gasket and i have other friends eating them with high timing chips

im sure that is the reason but not positive

just trying to help

Johnny

the 12.4 was on pump gas full trim and alky thats how i run on the street

The tires should be here tomorrow. I ordered Comp 275/50's. They should fit my widened GN rims without a problem. I wondered if the 93 chip added enough fuel to turn the wick up past 20psi(w/ race gas or alchy)?? I read that the TA49 hits it's sweet spot around 22-24 psi. Heck, I think the drag radials alone will get the job done. My race chip is a RA 106 (not 108). Its a low timing high boost chip. It slowed me down at the track(I didn't turn up the boost). Thanks for all the input! Ross L

Originally posted by Ross L
First time I jumped out on him and held it until he missed third. I won(if you call it that) by ~3 lengths.

The way I look at it, if he misses a shift, you win. That is racing, missed shifts lose races!:)