cobra&GN gone...Clip of my new c6

turbogreg

like the title says,sold the cobra and gn. test drove a bunch of different cars and decided to go with the c6 platform. just washed the car so no longer dirty. everyone have a good week.

that thing sounds awesome! no matter how much i love my tr there is never a replacement for a good sounding v8... especially one with a stick surrounded by a corvette.. congrats

like the title says,sold the cobra and gn. test drove a bunch of different cars and decided to go with the c6 platform. just washed the car so no longer dirty. everyone have a good week.

Very nice sound and car.

I'm sure they have a corvette board for you. ;)

haha, I know but I prefer this one and svtp MUCH more. let's just say cf is not to my liking. Apparently some members have issues with younger owners having the same vehicle or newer(c5z owners), :rolleyes: o well. I'll be sure to be down for the turbobuick days at e town so if anyone sees me flag me down and I have a few stock GN parts looking to give away rather cheap if anyone is interested let me know.

Greg

good choice

Good market to buy one. You will have a blast with it, just don't let it sit around, they are great in all weather. I've put 12,000 miles on my 05 M6 since buying it last June. Give us some details on the mods. I know it is at least 228+ duration from your video.

Last Sept I did 232/232 cam and cnc ported stock heads and car had LTs and a borla touring exhaust that is mild but sounds good wide open. Good choice of cars you've owned, I have a 03 Cobra also and it's a blast, but of course the C6 is much more refined and tons of fun too. Going to try the C6 out on open track in the spring. I think it will do better than the Cobra with the lower weight and handling characteristics.

What made you go with the C6? I know you said you drove different cars, but had you raced a C6 in the Cobra?

It's a cartek stage 2x package for the heads and cam. just got the car re-dyno tuned yesterday. It's got full bolt ons, heads, cam, fast intake, etc...I plan on road racing the car a lot over the summer so I figured the c6 with the z51 package would be the best choice for the $ while still being able to daily drive it. I drive the car all the time so no garage queen by any means. I loved my cobra but I think the c6 looks better, handles better, stops better and gets much better mpg so gave it a shot. Drove a few c5z's too before I made the choice but the c6 is much more refined and looks better imo so went with this. I may do gears(3.90s) and possibly some suspension work but that's really it. It puts down 459rwhp/434rwtq on a very safe tune on carteks dyno which is kind of known to show lowish numbers compared to other dynos. Julio can tune his butt off though because the car runs absolutely flawless even with the cam in it for daily driving. Can't wait to get this thing out to lime rock for a few sessions. here's one clip of the dyno session from the other day:

Those are good numbers, the fast intake gave you a good bump over my ported stock intake and similar mods. Mine has a Livernois stage 2 H/C. That's great you are going to take it to open track. I'm looking forward to April to take mine to my home track in Putnamville, IN. I think it will be a lot different than the Cobra.

Why did you have to dyno tune the car again?

Those are good numbers, the fast intake gave you a good bump over my ported stock intake and similar mods. Mine has a Livernois stage 2 H/C. That's great you are going to take it to open track. I'm looking forward to April to take mine to my home track in Putnamville, IN. I think it will be a lot different than the Cobra.

Why did you have to dyno tune the car again?

alot of new updates came out within the last 2 years since it's been last tuned and that tune was in the summer so in this weather the car ran iffy with the cam. coming to a stop it would want to stall etc now it runs perfect. Can't wait for warm weather and slap those nittos on. The vette blows the cobra out of the water in the handling department man, you are gonna love the twisties in it. There are a bunch of nice open roads up in the sticks of CT that I got to play on today :cool:. Who tuned your car?

Greg

alot of new updates came out within the last 2 years since it's been last tuned and that tune was in the summer so in this weather the car ran iffy with the cam. coming to a stop it would want to stall etc now it runs perfect. Can't wait for warm weather and slap those nittos on. The vette blows the cobra out of the water in the handling department man, you are gonna love the twisties in it. There are a bunch of nice open roads up in the sticks of CT that I got to play on today :cool:. Who tuned your car?

Greg
Livernois Motorsports in Detroit did the work and tuning. Had the mods since Sept and about 5000 miles, really enjoying them.