co2 kits

I think it's a Jap-crap thing... I saw some kid at the track with one on his FWD econo-box... though, I will give him some credit for installing a turbo to go with his wing and body kit (if 6lbs of boost counts as a turbo).
They take a CO2 bottle and hook it to a sprayer thing on the intercooler and dump the bottle to cool the intercooler. In case you didn't know, CO2 is dry ice as a solid, and sublimes into gas, and is really cold.

I don't see it being very effective, especially for the money. Not that I've done any tests, but a gas isn't very efficient at transfering heat. I could possibly see someone using it to cool off the I/C on the line, before a run, but I wouldn't waste your time spraying it while going down the track.

I recently experimented with spraying water on the I/C, and I actually had slower trap speeds by a hair when I sprayed. I ran two with spray and two without, and the averages were lower with spray, but only by less than one MPH. I'm sure it was a fluke, there's no way it actually was detremental to my trap speeds. Though, the sprayer I used didn't atomize the water, it was more in droplets, so I'm sure it could be more effective, but I still wouldn't reccomend trying it.